[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have trouble understanding peoples speech and have trouble

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Firefox_wallpaper.png (2MB, 920x613px) Image search: [Google]
Firefox_wallpaper.png
2MB, 920x613px
I have trouble understanding peoples speech and have trouble talking sometimes for reasons I don't want to get into. I have looked at /sci/ and their wiki for their language references, but did not find any good websites that fit my needs. I am sure as to what I am looking for, but I know that I am an english speaker and that is the only language I know. I know that I want to expand my vocabulary and know english more in depth, but not get into shit that doesn't matter to people teaching english.

TLDR; What website is the best for improving English vocabulary and in general speech.

pic unrelated
>>
>>334915
I've used anki and memrise to build my vocab before, not sure if those are the best options though.
Anki usually has language learning stuff so it's not so great for what you want.
Memrise had some stuff specifically for vocabulary building.
>>
For pronunciation, forvo.com
>>
>>334915
>I want to learn English without having to learn English.

You're already beyond the stage where there'll be courses to help you. Either man up and learn your grammar (which will help you with all other languages), or start reading and writing at a higher level.

Whatever you're qualified in, start reading the journals in that field. Read stuff like The New Yorker that's written at a higher reading level than the tabloids.

The only way to progress your writing past "I can write comprehensible sentences" is by doing; there's nothing more reading about it can teach you. So go write.
>>
go to local library
read books
>>
>>334915
>I have trouble understanding peoples speech and have trouble talking sometimes for reasons I don't want to get into
That's kind of important. If it's some kind of mental disability, either with learning or with actual speech/language centers in the brain, then there's not much generic language learning can do for you.

If you're just for whatever reason have a very stunted vocabulary then the best advice I can give you is to read more books. Start with easier books for kids, then once those no longer pose any challenge (you don't often run into unfamiliar words and have no trouble following what's going on) move onto books for older audiences until you reach an adult reading level. This is the best way because it lets you encounter new words and new types of grammar "naturally" rather than just memorizing stuff off a list.

There are exercises for boosting vocabulary for native speakers, but I'm not sure what exactly your specific problem is and these exercises are trained for different issues.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.