[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best pi clones that cost about the same? I want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: tmp_13555-images414868897.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_13555-images414868897.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
What are the best pi clones that cost about the same? I want to buy maybe 5, and mess around with them. What should I choose?
>>
Why not PIs?

If you don't need the upgrades go for the 1st version.
>>
>>333540
>Why not PIs?

Someone told me that there are better clones now that are more open source, and have better networking. I don't know where to start really.
>>
Start by determining what you want out of it. No reason to buy a bananaPi if you don't need the SATA ports, etc etc.
>>
>>333709
I want 1 for firewall, router, and not really sure what to use the rest for. Maybe an eepsite, or tor service for fun. I want to experiment with privacy/anonymity stuff.
>>
>>333820
They can't even do one port of gigabit: their USB doesn't have even the theoretical bandwidth to keep up with line speed.

If you want a router get a fucking router.
>>
Arduino
>>
>>333964
That's a microcontroller, not a computer.

Computers run an OS.

If you want a microcontroller, get a digispark clone: $1, and all you need to program it is insert the PCB in one of your USB ports.
>>
File: C2_eMMCdata.jpg (85KB, 638x376px) Image search: [Google]
C2_eMMCdata.jpg
85KB, 638x376px
Friendly reminder than ODROID C2 outperforms a Rpi 3:

CPU of 2.0 GHZ with integrated heatsink.
2 GB RAM.
GPU of 700 MHz.
HDMI 2 4K 60 FPS.
h265 video compression.
microSD + eMMC for storage (choose the eMMC).
4 USB 2.0 + microUSB OTG.
40 pin UART.
ADC pins (!)
Infrared receiver
10/100/1000 LAN (1 gigabit ethernet).
64-bit ARM technology.

Can play Kodi just fine. Also gaymes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn10J9K58YA
>>
>>334229
I've seen this post several other times. Are some kind of shill or just really enthusiast about the odroid?
>>
>>334229
It'd better do seeing as it's twice the price.

Not really seeing the point of it: it's not going to be fast enough for 10-bit or subtitles, and any old $10 computer can do hardware decoding and no subtitles.
>>
>>333479
If you have to ask, just buy a Pi. Unless you have a clear plan on why you would need it and how you would use it, the better hardware you can get in the alternatives is worth far less than the widespread support and existing ecosystem around the Pi.
>>
>>334229
>emmc
not included, and you have to pay >50 more to get more than 8gb
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.