[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post your anime library, get curated recommendations.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 16

File: Sommelier.jpg (158KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Sommelier.jpg
158KB, 1366x768px
I am an anime sommelier with impeccable taste.

If you post a link to your list or library on any anime tracking site, I shall assess your taste (without judging) and give you curated recommendations.
>>
File: muh animu foldur.png (129KB, 1719x953px) Image search: [Google]
muh animu foldur.png
129KB, 1719x953px
Looking for an older anime series to watch. Maybe you can sell me on picking up Rose of Versailles, or Anne of Green Gables? Any other suggestions would be nice.
>>
>>332400
It's difficult to give accurate recommendations without being able to see your past ratings. If you don't have an anime tracking profile that you can link, could you at least name ~10 of your favorite anime? I'll do what I can with that.
>>
>>332393
Take your general to /a/ and see how they like it.

/wsr/ is not a dumping ground for other boards' trash.
>>
>>332407
>all time favorite
Space Bros
>nine more in no order
Tatami Galaxy
Uchouten Kazoku
Utena
Lain
Hyouka
Macross
Nichijou
Planetes
Shin Sekai Yori

>>332408
We don't like rec threads on /a/ because the board would be flooded. That's why we're here. What's nice about this thread is it's being set up to consolidate other rec threads on /wsr/.
>>
>>332410
>consolidate other rec threads in /wsr/
That's not how /wsr/ works. /r/ has been around just as long as /a/, and the way /r/ works is:

- you have a question
- you create a thread
- you look at other people's threads, and hopefully answer their questions
- someone answers your question
- your thread is now done, and can fall off the bottom to make room for someone else's

This is how /r/ has always worked, and as you can now see, there's no need to "consolidate" anything.

Anyone that's reading this and still considering posting in this general instead of creating a thread of their own should consider:

- your reply will disappear from the page view after three further replies, and will only be seen by people who explicitly open and read the whole thread
- your reply will not be visible or searchable in the catalog at all, and will not be seen by people who skim the catalog like the sticky tells them to

tl;dr: this thread is just OP having a circlejerk, and circlejerks are banned on all boards for good reason: this isn't your private community; if you want your own mini-/r/ you need to create it yourself instead of annexing a part of 4chan.
>>
>>332419
>circlejerks are banned on all boards
Wrong. There's a literal circlejerk general (ftt) on one specific board that's been around for a couple of years now. In fact, there's no reason op can't go to that board and make the same offer:
>>>/trash/
>>
>>332419
>threatening to hide posts
>Janitors are not to disclose their position nor present themselves in an official capacity
looks like we got an angry janitor that just lost his job
>>
Almost posted this in /a/, but it's in kind of an uncanny valley area between the two boards.

I'll be back in about an hour to actually hand out recs. If this gets locked, look out for me on /a/.
>>
File: Capture.png (127KB, 1530x401px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
127KB, 1530x401px
>>332393
Just started watching animu in the past year.
Personal favourite
>Haruhi
>Working
>Psycho Pass
>Shisekai Yori
>Code Geass
>>
>>332419
Here's your third reply. Hide your post bitch
>>
>>332419
Also, anon, I'm REQUESTING posters' anime lists so that I can assess them.

(˚ㄥ_˚)
>>
>>332427
> >threatening to hide posts
Looks like we got an angry ESL who just lost his cool.
>>
Reminder to everyone: I can give you better recommendations if you post your anime list from a site like MAL instead of a folder. If you don't track anime online, then just post as many favorites or ratings as you can. The more I get, the better the recommendations will be.

In the meantime:

>>332410
I haven't seen the two you mentioned, unfortunately. But I'll look into them, for sure.

Kino's Journey - Based on the examples you posted, you will probably appreciate the tone of of this one. It's full of intrigue, and knows exactly how to balance the soothing episodes against the action-heavy ones. Really well-written show with a lot of variety.

Arslan Senki - Another show about a young but mature protagonist trying to improve the world they live in. Great characters, and an interesting world to explore. Also has a good dub if you're into that. (A good dub is very useful for difficult-to-absorb subject matter like historical fiction.)

Lyrical Nanoha - My "hail Mary" recommendation. It has morsels of goodness that relate to several of the shows you mentioned, but it also has more action than any of them. The story kicks up around episode 4, and it stays good from there through the end of season 2.

(I'm breaking this into two posts because it won't all fit together.)
>>
>>332429
Ok, cool. There are plenty of great shows you haven't seen. Hopefully I can gauge your taste from what info I have. hahaha

Madoka Magika - I know you've heard of this one. And with good reason. It's a really cute show, but the story is much more intricate than it lets on. Just give it 3 or 4 episodes, and you ought to be hooked by then (if not right away). It has the same writer as Psycho Pass, if that tells you anything.

Death Billiards - In this 20-minute short film, people are brought to a mysterious bar in pairs and forced to stake their lives on bar games with sadistic rules. An excellent blend of mystery and horror with the "game of death" themes to keep it engrossing. If you like it, Death Parade is a full-length TV anime that functions as a sequel.

Shimoneta - A wacky and irreverent comedy that has some similar elements to Haruhi. Basically, dirty talk has been made illegal in a 1984-like Japan, but a masked female vigilante is trying to free Japan by planning terrorist attacks in public. These attacks include the scattering of dirty magazines, and shouting heinously explicit and sexual things. Really funny.

--- --- --- --- --- ---

Honorable mentions: I usually give recommendations in 3s, but I'm not giving you the most obscure stuff. Here are a few bonus recs for the road.

Fate/Zero - You've seen F/SN, and whether you liked it or not is kind of moot. (I kind of don't like it.) What DOES matter is that it prepared you for Fate/Zero, one of the best shows out there. And, coincidentally, ALSO written by Gen Urobuchi, who wrote Psycho Pass and Madoka. The characterization in Zero is much stronger than Stay Night. Not one character is wasted, and the main protagonist is several orders of magnitude better.

Nichijou - One of the best comedies out there, hands down. It's cleverly-written, adorable to times, and laugh-out-loud funny in every episode. It's impossible to describe, so just have a clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rhvai6riAA
>>
>>332400
Not OP but try Conbattler V or Getter Robo, I'd say Steel Jeeg if it was fully subbed
>>
>>332431
Clearly you want to help people. Do it the right way by finding their threads (>>>/wsr/anime) and answering them there.
>>
>>332493
I do answer threads on here. But my specialty is using people's past likes and ratings to recommend things that are off their radar.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
Stop watching anime.
>>
File: 1485114714548.jpg (10KB, 184x200px) Image search: [Google]
1485114714548.jpg
10KB, 184x200px
>>332455
>calls himself Sommelier
>Shimoneta
>really funny
>Nichijou
>One of the best comedies out there
>recommends dub
kys
>>
>>332393
Does it work if I post my MAL? I don't save my anime because I don't have space, but would like to get some recs anyway.
>>
>>332515
Looking at >>332455 and >>332443, it should be clear it doesn't work at all.
>>
>>332515
MAL already has a forum for this: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?board=16
>>
Just sharing my MAL

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/FLokster

I already know what to watch, but if you want to it could be interesting to see what you think
>>
>>332515
Sharing your MAL is actually what I asked for in the first place. People just keep posting screencaps of folders. hahaha

>>332560
Katanagatari - This one's a gimme, based on your likes. Interesting story, nice art, fights involving unique powers, droves of bizarre character, and plenty of cute shit. And it's approved by most of the the anime elites I've spoken to, for what that's worth.

Mushishi - A very tranquil anime about a traveler who solves paranormal mysteries caused by bizarre life forms called mushi. Very peaceful, but also mysterious and intriguing. Can't recommend it strongly enough if you want more stuff like Kino's Journey. Dub's also great if you like dubs; makes the bizarre hoopla they discuss easier to digest. (Second season isn't dubbed, though.)

Potemayo - This one's an oddball. Like Azumanga Daioh, it was animated by the legendary J.C. Staff. A unique blend of cuteness, humor, and iyashikei. Character designs might throw you off a bit, so give it an episode or two before passing judgment.

>>332509
A good sommelier considers what the person likes, not what they SHOULD like.
>>
>>332576
Already seen Katanagatari. It was okay, I guess. Nothing special, but can't remember much. Didn't rate it. Not a huge fan.

Mushishi is one I have had plans to watch for a really long time. But never gotten around to it. I hear it's iyashikei, in that case I at least want to finish YKK first. Which takes time. And the Tamayura movies, I guess. Will probably be one anime I force myself through in a few years just because it's considered a masterpiece.

Potemayo is something I haven't heard about, but will probably give the well recognized masterpieces higher priority, like Hidamari Sketch or something. I'll probably never watch it, got way too many well known cute anime.
Suspect it may be a bit like Kamichu too, which I didn't like that much.
>>
>>332502
Fuck off, who asked you to come here in this thread?
>>
File: BANG.gif (1MB, 352x198px) Image search: [Google]
BANG.gif
1MB, 352x198px
>>332577

Mushishi is definitely iyashikei. Some of the best; a very soothing show. I'm also fond of YKK, so enjoy that one. I wish there were more.

Potemayo is kind of a hidden gem. I think it's obscure because its aesthetic causes people to not give it a chance. The fact that you enjoyed Azumanga and Squid Girl makes me very optimistic that you'll like if you eventually try it out.
>>
>>332587
>hidden
Honi-honi-fuckoff.
>>
>>332589
>Honi-honi

lol good form.

As good as Potemayo is, it's only #2978 in popularity on MAL. Kind of nuts.
>>
File: IMG_20170616_224557.png (86KB, 479x789px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170616_224557.png
86KB, 479x789px
[X] - dropped
[~] - watching
[] - finished
>>
>>332628
It's difficult to gauge what you like from so few titles and without ratings. The best I can do is grasp at straws here. hahaha

Strike Witches - Has good military action featuring cute girls, like Girls und Panzer. It also features a war against giant, mysterious enemies like in Evangelion. It's a little pervy at times, but not the most intense. If you like Watamote, I doubt you'll be weirded out. Hell, maybe the perviness is a plus if you're into that. (¬‿¬)

Death Billiards - Another "game of death" anime where people are try to outlive each other according to a set of rules, like Death Note and Mirai Nikki. The characters in this show are forced to stake their lives on bar games. This is just a 20-minute short film, but for a full-length show you can watch Death Parade after.

Those are the only two I can recommend semi-confidently. So I'm just going to give you a random good one. This isn't based on anything in your library, so take it as you will.

Kill Me Baby - One of my favorite comedies. Its style of humor is very funny (to me) and very consistent. This show isn't exactly a secret, since /a/ loves it. But definitely something worth actually watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot4-3yI1Dmk
>>
File: MAL.png (2KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
MAL.png
2KB, 256x256px
The title of this thread isn't very well-worded. I should have said LIST instead of "library". I'll reiterate here:

Posting your list from MAL or a similar listing site is best!

Send screencaps of folders only if you don't have an online list with ratings, or don't want to share it.
>>
https://myanimelist.net/animelist/BanananaPudding

not super up to date with everything this season, but if you are using ratings then it doesn't really matter since I only rate stuff I finish
>>
>>332850
1. Ping Pong the Animation - The art style in this is really unique, so don't let it put you off it if seems weird at first. This show will grab you in episode 2, and won't let go until the ending. It has excellent ping pong action, beautiful character arcs, and a memorable ensemble cast.

2. Gunslinger Girl - A great mix of gritty violence and cute shit, with an Italian mob aesthetic. This show is centered around young girls who are adopted by the mafia, and then brainwashed and turned into weapons. The first season is excellent; just steel your loins before watching the sequel.

3. Steins;Gate - A really good story, with some very good and memorable characters. You've probably been told to watch it before, but here's something you probably haven't been told: Before watching it, you should read up about this real-life man named John Titor. Large parts of the story in Steins;Gate are derived from the John Titor story, which is very interesting in its own right.

To avoid spoilers, just read the Wikipedia on Titor and don't Google around too much.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Titor

For number 3, I almost recommended Minami-ke, but you DO have on your list. I'll just give it an honorable mention instead. It's an excellent comedy.
>>
>>332892
Oops forgot my trip
>>
https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Shun-ei

here's my shit taste op
>>
File: Untitled.png (521KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
521KB, 1600x900px
red squares represent what I haven't watched, empty folders obviously are shows I want to watch but haven't downloaded yet
>inb4 bullied about my taste
>inb4 bullied about my theme
>>
>>333013
Baccano - This one's no secret, but it's very unique and has a memorable ensemble cast. Expect an intricate story with plenty of violence.

Kill Me Baby - Your taste in comedies makes me confident that you'll appreciate this. It's very funny, and decently cute. It's also consistent without being TOO repetitive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzX2RCp0_Ug

Katanagatari - An all-around excellent show. Everything from the visuals to the story, the characters, and the fights will leave an impression on you. It's a liiitle talky at first, but stick with it and it'll absorb you quickly.
>>
>>333013
Oh, and I would have recommended Death Billiards, but that's already on your list. It's one of my favorites, though. An exemplary "game of death" story.
>>
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jNTQgumIuUcPbKG3lb1w8II3VeozuFLMlK9Zrtlm0kg/edit?usp=sharing

The ones that are numbered i have seen, also odds are im missing a few
>>
https://myanimelist.net/animelist/king0pa1n

got into anime this year so my list isn't as insane as others, and I have a big 'plan to watch' list. idk, what u think lads
>>
>>332393
is that from Speed Grapher
>>
>>333405
>Speed Grapher
Denki-gai no honya san
>>
https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Leytew

not like I'm out of material to watch but OP is asking for lists
>>
File: fancy hat.jpg (214KB, 1280x2156px) Image search: [Google]
fancy hat.jpg
214KB, 1280x2156px
>>332393
JUDGE ME ANYWAY

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/PexciD
>>
>>332408
/a/ in 2017
cmon lol this board is reddit 2.0
>>
>>332393
Whats the purpose of storing anime episodes? I've never had any reason to rewatch an anime. Is it a file hording thing?
>>
https://myanimelist.net/profile/thieve888
Sommelier me OP
>>333650
I forget that I've watched things
>>
Not sure if this is the right place, but rather than an anime recommendation, I am looking for a place to watch all of Excel Saga subbed. (I can only find the dub). Download or streaming doesn't really matter.
>>
>>332393
https://myanimelist.net/animelist/xUrufu
My rating a shit. Code Geass was one of the entry level anime of mine so don't bother that much with it. I'm not so much into mecha anime. I was looking for something similar like SZS or Jinrui in aspect of comedy but that's all what I found. I appreciate comfy and original content as well.
>>
File: MALlist.png (3MB, 1366x5131px) Image search: [Google]
MALlist.png
3MB, 1366x5131px
have fun OP
>>
File: 1474424471644.gif (663KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1474424471644.gif
663KB, 500x281px
I don't have MAL, but I'll list some stuff. My favorite genres are probably slice of life and historical. I really dislike battle shonens and ecchi. Here are my favorites (i.e, what I'd rate 8/10 or greater):
K-on: 10/10
Yotsubato (not an anime, but still worth mentioning imo): 10/10
Azumanga: 9/10
Madoka: 9/10
Cardcaptor Sakura: 9/10
Thermae Romae: 9/10
Non Non Biyori: 8.5/10
Heidi: 8/10

I just finished Plastic Nee-san and I'm planning on moving onto Usagi Drop shortly.
Here's some other stuff on my backlog:
Ichigo Mashimaro
Cowboy Bebop
Nichijou
Nichibro
Amaama no Inazuma (I'm not sure if I want to watch that one. I've heard that Usagi Drop is similar, but a lot better)

Thank you for reading this.
>>
>>332393
the ones i like

Welcome to the NHK
The Tatami Galaxy
Genshiken
Planetes
Samurai X Ovas
GTO
Ping Pong the Animation
Shigurui
Shirobako
Lain
Gits, Akira, Ninja Scroll, Eva, Bebop, Trigun etc

i watched these but i didn't liked them that much

Monster
Berserk
Trapeze
Paranoia Agent, Paprika, Perfect Blue
Drifters
Ghiblis
Redline

looking for 'mature' and realistic art with a good or interesting plot.
>>
>>333197
>comedy
nichijou, daily lives of highschool boys

>SoL
lucky star, flying witch, hyouka, (you should download) non non biyori
>"classics"
cowboy bebop,eden of the east, the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya
>>
File: ohshit.jpg (39KB, 665x574px) Image search: [Google]
ohshit.jpg
39KB, 665x574px
https://myanimelist.net/animelist/DruryLn
Keep in mind this is only about 1000 hours and I've easily watched twice that so you may end up suggesting something I've already seen. Just a general rule of thumb avoid ecchi and harem. Thanks much for the suggestions.
>>
>>332393
Texhnolyze
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Serial Experiments Lain
Black Lagoon
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Ghost in the Shell

I am not as deep in it as most here but I must say Texhnolyze is one of the most artful things I ever saw and wish more media were like it.
Ergo Proxy and Haibane Renmei seem like logical follow-ups but I feel like nothing will ever truly compare to Texhnolyze.
>>
>inb4 mobile poster
Taking scrolling screenshots is really easy with a phone.
I guess it's more of a question of what should I watch next. Maybe if you have some nice shows to add to the "watch it eventually" list then go ahead.
I don't really know how to rate shows so I just don't, but the only show I'm upset about watching so far is deadman wonderland.
>>
File: 1485870687476.jpg (145KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1485870687476.jpg
145KB, 960x720px
>>332400
>no ideon
>>
>>332393
https://myanimelist.net/profile/Omnyscyente
Give me some shit
>>
I have watched 11 titles... And now I don't know what to pic next. TOO MANY TITLES.

(In the top are the most liked)
1. Death Note
2. Steins;gate
3. Kill la Kill
4. Terror in Resonance
5. One Punch Man
6. Noragami
7. Prison School
8. ChäoS;HEAd
9. Ao no Exorcist
10. Nanatsu no Taizai
11. Shingeki no Kyojin
>>
>>334976
are you me?
>>
>>332393
I don't have libraries, I am a pleb who reads/watches entirely online. What can you recommend for me?

>Berserk
>Vinland Saga
>Full Metal Alchemist
>Hayao Miyazaki anything/everything
>Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.