[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Math problem!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1.png (83KB, 1023x200px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
83KB, 1023x200px
Here it is lads:
In our preferred company we have a number of different tiers, with the goal that each tier has the same loss ratio. Assume that the current rating factor for tier A is 0.820 and the rating factor for tier C is 1.00. If the LR (loss ratio) is 77.8% for tier A and 87.3% for tier C, what should the rating factor be for Tier A? Note that the 77.8% loss ratio has been adjusted to the tier C base rate level. Show your work.
>pic related
coming from my retarded self, i figured since tier c is now your baseline (factor rating = 1), you'd just divide the adjusted tier a LR by the tier c LR to get ~0.89. thoughts?
>>
>>331672

Post an explanation of how the rating factor is calculated.
>>
>>331776
there is no further context for the problem. that's part of the issue. given that, i don't think that is information one needs to know to solve it. this is more like a gmat/standardized test question. it has to do with insurance, but i don't think they expect you to know much about it. the problems should be fairly self-contained
>>
>>331778
>>331776
but then again, maybe it isn't and that's why i'm having some trouble. but i don't think you should
need anything other than what is given
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.