[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good settings for anime webms in Webm for retards? Every time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: Capture.png (75KB, 1090x490px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
75KB, 1090x490px
Good settings for anime webms in Webm for retards?
Every time I made a webm it'll look like shit compared with most of the webms in /a/.
>>
File: webm for retards encoding.jpg (97KB, 1062x332px) Image search: [Google]
webm for retards encoding.jpg
97KB, 1062x332px
Use variable bitrate rather than constant, this means you'll have to fiddle with the bitrate to get it to fit under the limit but after you make a few webms this way you'll get the hang of eye-balling the bitrate for different scenes at different resolutions. Don't mess with the tolerance level, just tweak the CRF to increase or decrease the bitrate. I'm not gonna bamboozle you with a bunch of technical info, so here's the short version: you want the CRF to be between 15 and 30. However, it's counter-intuitive: the lower the CRF, the higher the quality. So 15 is actually your maximum and 30 is your minimum. Nudge the CRF up or down to fine tune the bitrate to get it under the file size limit.

The other ways you can change the file size are probably more familiar to you: changing the trim and resolution of the clip. I have a very loose sort of chart I go by for these settings:

Grade 1: Clip size = 1 - 20 seconds . . . . Native resolution*
Grade 2: Clip size = 20 - 40 seconds . . . . set resolution to 540 x 960
Grade 3: Clip size = 40 - 70 seconds . . . . set resolution to 300 x 640
Grade 4: Clip size = 70+ seconds . . . . custom fit**
*for HD I usually use 720p sources, but if I'm using 1080p I almost always downsize it to 720 vertical.
**usually only OPs and EDs are this long and I rarely make webms of this length so I don't have a good ready-made estimate.

It should go without saying, but NEVER fuck with the aspect ratio of the clip. I pray you have this much sense.

Those standard fits I put there are just a general framework I go by to try and get the webm under the limit in one go. If I find I have a lot of room to spare I adjust my numbers. Often times this means adding a few more seconds I cut out, but sometimes I might even upgrade the video to a higher resolution grade if I'm way under the file size limit and still happy with the bitrate.
>>
>>330867
Thanks. I'll use this in the future.
BTW what's your usual settings to get the webm under 3MB(no audio) probably at 480p res?
I tried using the constant limiter and the results look like ass even for webms under 30s.
>>
>>330875
It depends entirely on the clip. How long it is, how intense the animation is. If it's just 30 seconds of cut-reverse-cut dialogue you could do that at native resolution at lossless conversion and probably not get close to the file size limit, but if it's a 30 second fight scene with high FPS animation you're gonna be hard pressed to fit that under 3 MB without it looking like ass unless you lower the resolution quite a bit.

Like I said I only have a general framework, for stuff that's particularly low or high intensity it can throw the estimates way off. And this is just what I use as my baseline, since you use 480p sources you should experiment and get a feel for what your outputs look like with various settings.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.