[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First thing, I used to be a very avid gamer and now I can�

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: steam-icon.png (63KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
steam-icon.png
63KB, 1024x1024px
First thing, I used to be a very avid gamer and now I can't seem to find any games I enjoy. I was hoping you guys would have some good video games I could buy, price isn't an issue. This is for PC.

Second, I was thinking of buying a newer PC and have all the parts listed here, I just wanted to know what you guys think or if I am insane.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Vw32wV

Thanks guys!
>>
list some games you have enjoyed in the past, /wsr/ doesn't know your tastes
do you want people to suggest weeb VNs like nekopara, shooty calladooty games, autism simulators like factorio....?
>>
>>330251
I absolutely LOVED Fallout 3 and New Vegas.
I also had a blast with shooters when I was young, and still love a good mindless triple A shooter.

So shooters with RPG elements I suppose.
>>
24" monitor is best for 1080p at 60hz
Founders Edition card is a fucking housefire.
Seriously consider a 1600 or 1700 and ditch the single fan radiator. You can easily OC with the stock cooler or get a Corsair H100i. Faster ram is barely any higher cost, no reason to skimp on that.
>>
Also, don't buy win10. Get an OEM key for like $10 off kinguin or similar

Browse >>>/g/mkg/ and find a better keyboard
>>
>>330247
You grew up. No matter what you do you'll not be able to enjoy them because you grew out of them.
>>
Maybe the most recent EDF.
If you haven't played it Deus ex is still pretty interesting.
Also give risk of rain a shot, it's really fun with friends and gets fucking chaotic.
>>
>>330268
OEM keys can't be legally transferred; you don't end up with a legal license.

So you might as well pirate it: activate W7 with a loader, run the Windows 10 installer, and voila, illegally-acquired Digital Entitlement for $0.
>>
>>330262
Play New Vegas with a fuckton of mods. I haven't bought a new game in over a year because every new NV playthrough is literally a different game.

Alternatively, the Metro series is great, although kind of linear.

Far Cry 2 is also really good. Not as "modern" as Far Cry 3 or 4 but it holds up well and doesn't hold your hand difficulty wise.

Serious Sam 3 BFE is a fun Doom/Quake monster shoot fest

Haven't played Rage but it looks alright.

The Stalker series is kind of like Slav Fallout
>>
>>330247
>I used to be a very avid gamer and now I can't seem to find any games I enjoy
OP don't you see? This is how it feels to be "old".
I'm 28 and it struck me last year that I just didn't care about finishing MGS5 and I've played all MGS since ps1.
I've played DS3recently with all DLCs and I can't bring myself to finish The Ringed City where I think I reached the second bonfire (right after the long fall).
I was hyped about CIV 6 and couldn't wait to play it but after one game I lost all interest.
This didn't happen to me before. I mean hell I've played all til sunrise when CIV 4 came out and the same thing happened to me with Civ 5.
I look at E3 and I don't feel like playing any of those games they showcased.

Maybe it's time to face it, OP, maybe it's okay to not play games anymore.
>>
File: surprise motherfucker.gif (2MB, 400x223px) Image search: [Google]
surprise motherfucker.gif
2MB, 400x223px
>>330262
S.T.A.L.K.E.R series
>pic related
>>
>>330247
you don't need two monitors, and you don't need an i7 for gaming, get a high end i5 and you're good to go, i7 is for video recording/gaming/ all at once etc.
>>
File: 1476494501971.jpg (11KB, 187x270px) Image search: [Google]
1476494501971.jpg
11KB, 187x270px
>>330658
this is true, only 21 and going to the gym everyday sorta gives me all the "happiness" i need for the day, shit just doesn't seem to interest me any longer
>>
I dunno how you feel about RTS but Empire at War and the Total War franchise are pretty fun ( I personally recommend Rome 1 and Medieval II, the graphics may be a bit dated but the features generally make up for it) Med 2 in addition has many excellent mods such Divide and Conquer(Lord of the Rings), Stainless Steel(A vanilla overhaul) and the Last Kingdom, think dark age northern Europe. I also got a kick out of the Kingdoms dlc which includes a Teutonic, Crusader, Americas and British Isles campaign.A fair warning though, Rome 1 and Med 2 are only able to use 1 core I believe.
>>
Also Republic Commando and Star Wars Battlefront 2 are neat shooters
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.