[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

network issues win10

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1494312949221.jpg (373KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1494312949221.jpg
373KB, 1280x720px
So just recently my computer has decided not to connect to the wifi securely. It will now drop out intermittently while other devices do not and will occasionally retain connection but will be unable to access the internet.
I am pulling my fucking hair out with this. If were a router issue that would be one thing but I just bought this PC. It shouldn't be having problems like this.
Drivers are all up to date. I've deleted and re-added the network multiple times. Chrome also decides to freeze up and go non-responsive when the connection is particularly turbulent.
Please if any of you still have mercy in your hearts send me in the right direction.
>connection was interrupted
>recent changes have occurred please provide additional information
>reboot router multiple times
Release me from this hell. As it is now, even posting this thread was a mission.
>>
Try restarting the PC
>>
>>329378
Have done so multiple times now too. It's been happening for about 24 hours now. Worse at night for some reason.
>>
How long have you been experiencing this? Any users in the vicinity/ of the same ISP having the same problem?
>>
>>329382
Around 24 since the first dramatic episode of drop outs. The net always used to be spotty on occasion, once or twice a week it would drop for a couple of minutes (on all devices) but within the last 24 hours it's changed.
No other devices in the house are experiencing the drops of wifi and or connection to internet through it.
>>
>>329382
>>329384
I should add, periods with lots of drops (several a minute for anywhere from 5min to several hours) are accompanied with a major drop in internet speed- only experienced on this device. I checked network in performance manager and removed the chaff but the connection remained uniquely slow.
>>
File: zoltar2.jpg (237KB, 900x1300px) Image search: [Google]
zoltar2.jpg
237KB, 900x1300px
>>329373
>zero info on equipment
>zero info on os
>zero info on which wifi b/g/n/a
yea, don't think can help ya out dude. guess need to ask zoltar for info
>>
>>329388
>It runs on win 10, Mr. Dubsman

Guessing what device, connection type OP uses
>>
>>329396
It runs on a PC, might be desktop, Mr. Bumpity Anon

Guessing what connection type.
>>
>>329388
OS
>Win10
Wifi
>PCE-N15 11n
Router
>Netgrear, inaccessible currently other than wirelessly
>>
>>329373

Can you do a system restore back to a point when it was better? If you can it would point to a software/driver issue.
>>
>>329398
force you comp to use /g which is probably what all your other devices are using. your router is flaky on the /n band.
>>
>>329425
Can you elaborate on how to do this?
>>329422
I'd much prefer to do that as a last resort but I am considering trying it.

New info: While it may not explain the dropouts the issue when it's connected with no net is the default gateway. Troubleshooter reset the adaptor and it started working. Had tried to do so before b the connection would drop before a solution was found. Even writing this post had a drop (freezing chrome). The drop is accompanied by the network "identifying" Rather than being not connected.
My last tried solution was flushing the DNS with cmd but clearly nothing has come of it.
It's saying the network is "unidentified" as of writing and is frequently dropping in and out of connection, connection without internet, identifying and having now connection.
It is also switching between network access and no access.
>>
>>329373
Try scanning for viruses

Use adwcleaner and Spybot - S&D
>>
>>329634
Scanned multiple times with windef and malwarebytes will try with those if I can manage to download them.
Signs point to no, for now sadly. As I said, it's hard enough to get a post through. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll do what I can.
>>
>>329634
>>329638
Got a moment of clear connection and ADW says that I am clean. Noticed there was some dodgy program uploading, through perfmon (network), and deleted it. Speeds are fixed but the drops remain. They're less frequent though. Feeling cautiously optimistic.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.