[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

help i think i'm being hacked on a regular basis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1496418829905.jpg (84KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
1496418829905.jpg
84KB, 750x600px
hello, i have a technology related issue. when im online, randomly my second monitor will go dark and everything that was open in the second monitor goes to the first monitor

for example i'll have a video playing in fullscreen on the second monitor. then the monitor goes dark for a second and the video player stays in full screen but now in on my first monitor.

i assume someone(i.e. a local police force) is remote accessing into my computer but i have turned off remote access and have the network set as public to help prevent this. i have noticed when i change my password it usually takes a day to a week for it to happen again.

any ideas or solutions would be wonderful, because it gets super anonying when im trying to play online video games and my video player randomly overlays on top of my game

i'm using windows 7 and will be glad to answer any questions about my set up.
>>
i have also noticed that my ip address never changes even though my router uses dhcp,
for example normally my private ip is 10.0.0.151
but when i change it to say 10.0.0.101, after a couple days my internet stops working until i change it to something else, like 10.0.0.121 and then it starts working again
>>
either your monitor or graphics card is disconnecting/losing-connection to the screen and thus the operative system reverts back to single output only turning all the stuff that was opened onto the main screen
fix your cabling and/or try another screen (or invert their connection, plug the main one into the second one on the graphic cards output and vice-versa)
about the paranoid stuff, please visit a doctor, schizophrenia is sad condition and no laughing matter
>>
>>329016
no, anon, that's a severe case of paranoia, seek help
>>
<--- OP
so why does it only happen when im online then? i've tried going offline for days and its never happens when im offline
>>
>>329024
you are free to still believe in whatever you want instead of trying for a solution. but please visit a doctor or have someone (trusted) over and explain the situation just like you did on the op, pretty sure you will get told the same as on here
>>
also, i've had it confirmed by local masons the police were accessing my computer. but that was months ago and i've moved counties since then.

and one day maybe a week ago now, it happened like 5 times in a hour time period.
>>
>>329022
the screen that goes dark, im using an vga to HDMI converter cable.
and the other im using a dvi cable. my video card doesn't have the ports to switch it up, but i will change the primary monitor to the vga/hdmi instead of the dvi
>>
>>329022
also i recently bought a new monitor, and the new and old have the same problems.
i used to be running a gtx 460 and a gts 750, to run both monitors but was adviced to get a decent video card that could run both, so i got a gtx1060. and the problem persist
>>
while playing online again, the same screen went dark (this time it had a game playing instead of a video) although nothing switched screens. and the game was still in full screen when the picture came back

also worth mentioning is that i pull my wireless usb when that happend, and when i plugged it back in. after i saved my wire shark logs. the internet didn't work until i changes my ip address.

also tested unplugging the monitor that goes blank but when i plugged it back in the video that was playing on the other monitor, switched screens to the primary monitor.

so it appears the problem is not a connection issue since they don't act the same.

but feel free to call me paranoid some more
>>
>>329048
>so it appears the problem is not a connection issue since they don't act the same
all that stuff can be caused by so many things its kinda pointless to list them all: bad vga to hdmi active adapter (probably shutting-off and/or disconnecting the vga sense pin if monitor goes into sleep), grounding issues (interference and/or static on case/shell/ground not being dissipated properly to a grounded connection), some bad/rogue driver (disabling stuff you are not using), etc.
look for solutions not problems (what is it so special about you/your-machine that would even lead anyone to want in on it?!?), start by finding the problem origin, tackle it in incrementing steps, use a grounded wall socket, change psu, use barebones configuration (cpu, ram, motherboard, graphics), try installing a windows again, incrementally install all your software checking between program installations if the issues manifest
>but feel free to call me paranoid some more
you are doing that yourself
> i assume someone(i.e. a local police force) is remote accessing into my computer
> i've had it confirmed by local masons the police were accessing my computer
and it is NOT funny. expose these "issues" to someone else in person and not online (>>>/adv/ exists, but...)
>>
>>329059
on my old video card i used a vga cord to connect the monitor, my new video card doesn't have a vga connection so i bought a vga to hdmi. had the problem before and after.
psu is plugged into a grounded socket, but the box in on carpet, so i will stick it on my desk to reduce static electricity.
this is the third clean install of windows 7 i've done in as many months. but am tempted to use windows 10 educational edition to see if that helps.
the problem has been going on long enough that a driver sounds unlikely.
checked event viewer when it happens nothing is showing up there.
don't have the cash to change the psu.(not sure how that affects the monitor with it being plugged into a wall and not the psu)
im certainly not laughing, and i can't discuss alot of this in person because of obvious reasons.

i used to be a marijuana dealer, and the police have never left me alone since, even though that was years ago.

so if we ignore the fact that it only happens when im online.
the last solutions include installing another version of windows, and switching the monitor out, which in theory could have a corroded/loose connection in the monitor

asking anons was my last step before i give my wire shark logs to the fbi

but thanks for the advice i didn't think about ESD causing problems
>>
If someone were hacking you, you wouldn't notice anything.
>>
op here
so last night my wireless usb adapter reinstalled itself, and wireshark no longer recognized it. i had to plug in another wireless usb adapter just to get wire shark to recolonize it

also noticing a huge amount of traffic when my computer is idling. i closed steam made sure no updates were in process, literally nothing was using the internet but i had a dozen different IPs accessing my comp
then when i changed my private ip address they all stopped showing up in wire shark

anyone have any ideas why wire shark would stop recognizing my usb adapter after it updated (even though i have automatic updates turned off)

or is my computer just possessed? lol, literally this is super shady. i half expect my saved wire shark logs to disappear at this point.
>>
>>329351
the man in the tin foil hat is back
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.