[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tech support

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1456096981926.jpg (113KB, 625x938px) Image search: [Google]
1456096981926.jpg
113KB, 625x938px
Hope /wsr/ can help me because this is way too specific for Google. Here's the problem:

>been away from computer for 2 weeks while on holiday
>load it up today
>first problem: audio device for speakers is gone from the list of devices, and also the Xonar DG audio center refuses to open
>second problem which happens about 15-30 minutes into power on time: all programs that use the Internet stop working
>meaning browsers don't open (and right clicking them crashes Windows Explorer after which Task Manager doesn't load either)
>and also web games, specifically osu! which i play, disconnect from the Internet
>after this Internet breakdown "hits", Windows Explorer will always permanently crash, and Task Manager will not load; in fact, I'm left with just my desktop wallpaper and absolutely no other options other than to manually power off

Here's what I've tried so far:
- Restarted 5 times
- Redownloaded Xonar DG drivers
- Redownloaded Realtek HD drivers in case it was those
- Restarted after each of these to install them (same problems happened)
- Restarted the router (Plusnet)
- Run everything as administrator (still wouldn't open)

I'm on Windows 7 and the PC is about 5 years old. Intel i5 CPU/AMD graphics. It really just seems like my computer is crumbling.

What do, /wsr/? I'd be super grateful for any help.
>>
>>328804
Go to your local games shop, buy a 20/60GB xbox 360 hard disk for $3-$5, take the disk out of it, swap it into your computer, and reinstall Windows.

If your new windows is fucky, you have some broken hardware; if not you found your problem.
>>
>>328804
You can use any hard disk; this is just the cheapest source of hard disks I know.
>>
>>328804
did you try to do a system restore to a time before those 2 weeks to see if it was any windows update that fucked up the pc?

I had to "fix" a netbook once that lost his audio driver, I couldn't install it no matter how I tried, and the problem was a windows 10 update that I had to revert with system recovery. I don't know about the others problems, but maybe it happened for your ethernet driver too? Try to see if you have a restore point prior to those two weeks or revert the latest update on windows update to see if it fixes anything. If it does, you might want to disable windows update afterwards.
Did anyone use the pc when you were out? Was it in a place that it could have caught a lot of dust? Was it working perfectly before those 2 weeks?
>>
>>328804
is it a laptop? what's the exact model name
>>
Either ur windows are fucked, or your hardware is fucked, most likely PSU or HDD
>>
>>328838
>last 3 questions
No no and yes
I actually do remember trying to wrestle with an ethernet setting for some reason so it might have played a role, will double check on that. But first I'll try the system restore slash Windows update revert, thanks anon

>>328809
>>328844
I'll also try switching the hard drive after that, thanks anons

>>328839
It's a desktop, custom PC from scan.co.uk
>>
File: 20170609_222312.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170609_222312.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Things are happening PogChamp

So it looks like a guaranteed disk problem. Anything to worry about here anons? Should I continue as normal when this disk checking is over?
>>
>>328966
Could also be a memory problem, because everything written to the disk is written from the memory.

Could be anything really, because you get the boot-time disk check any time Windows has accessed the disk then not shut down cleanly.
>>
>>328966
yes wait until the end
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.