[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MySQL Database homework

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: DBAHomework.png (52KB, 674x590px) Image search: [Google]
DBAHomework.png
52KB, 674x590px
This is easy DBA homework, but I can't test any of it as my mysql workbench isn't working. While I would ask someone on here to help me fix it, there seems to be so many problems that it would likely be easier to just ask for someone to do my homework instead. Could anyone do my MySQL homework for me?
>>
>>328661
Except for that last question. The last question I would likely have trouble with, even with MySQL Workbench running correctly.
>>
>>328661
Here's the create database script:
https://ufile.io/13xt7

Can anyone help?
>>
>>328661
1. Is that the whole thing or is there a reference since table 'Categories' might have 'category_id' on auto-increment

create table Categories
(category_id INT auto-increment,
category_name VARCHAR[40]);

Insert into Categories(category_name) values ('Brass');

>Bored faggit doing a bump
>>
>>328661
>my mysql workbench isn't working
>do my MySQL homework for me
That's still sneaky and you should fuck off. I don't see what stops you from downloading SQLite and doing your own homework.
>>
File: images (22).jpg (11KB, 248x249px) Image search: [Google]
images (22).jpg
11KB, 248x249px
>>328888
>>328877

>Checked
>>
>>328888
Quads of truth

>OP is lazy faggot

Also >>328877 fed the lazyanon but dubba dubs get forgiveness for now
>>
File: SQLite.png (39KB, 1190x257px) Image search: [Google]
SQLite.png
39KB, 1190x257px
>>328888
Nice quads. But still, having trouble with SQLite too. Want to walk me through it instead of insulting me?
>>
>>328877
Thanks anon.
>>
File: fuck my life.png (29KB, 980x633px) Image search: [Google]
fuck my life.png
29KB, 980x633px
>>328903
Nvm I got it working. But now I can't open the create_my_guitar_shop.sql script because of the problems I'm having in mysql.
>>
File: fuck my life.png (28KB, 666x460px) Image search: [Google]
fuck my life.png
28KB, 666x460px
>>328909
And another problem. Honestly doing the work requires less effort than fixing all the problems I come across while trying to run SQL related things.
>But OP is just lazy ofc
>>
>>328909
>problems I'm having in mysql
You are not using MySQL, you're using SQLite. Both are different management systems that rely on the same query language. If you don't understand the difference between a DBMS, a query language, a data modeling language, and so on; you are insufficiently prepared to carry on practical exercises. All of this is basic knowledge that you should have within your first hour or learning databases.
>>328914
>And another problem
>doing the work requires less effort than fixing all the problems
This is because different management systems have syntax differences. The query language is the same but the code will not be identical, so you won't be able to copy and paste. For every syntax error you will have to consult the documentation for the DBMS you're using and see what's the proper way to do write it there, and then make minor corrections to the code. This is common and takes a few minutes to fix if you learned the foundations well enough.
>But OP is just lazy ofc
To be honest you're very lazy. You lack knowledge of essential theoretical concepts and your idea of doing your homework is just copying and pasting some code that would work perfectly; you clearly didn't spend an hour reading your book. On top of that, you're finding syntax errors and instead of going to the documentation and figuring it out you come here and ask for people to do your whole homework for you. All of this while implying that you're not lazy? Don't make me laugh kid.

It would be a different thing if you had done some 95% of it and were asking for help on a troublesome query, but the way you're doing it is just shameless and shows that you really don't know shit about this. I hope this is some summer class that you just started this Monday, because if this is actually the end of the semester for you you're one stupid fuck that neglected his learning for months and deserves no sympathy. Watch some videos dumbfuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnOn17pI7c
>>
>>328956
>"To be honest you're very lazy. You lack knowledge of essential theoretical concepts"
Ignorance and laziness are separate things. Nice try helping, but if the syntax for SQLite and MySQL workbench are different, there's no point in trying to learn SQLite.

Instead I'm going to find out how to solve the numerous problems I'm having with workbench, which given your history of not solving problems, only calling me lazy and suggesting shitty alternatives, I'll go do alone. Still it's kinda ironic that you call me lazy, and then lazily offer alternatives instead of actually doing the work. I'm gonna fuck off now, and work all night trying to get this shit working.

Added note: To be honest, if you're not going to contribute anything but toxic whining, don't contribute in the first place.
>>
>>329128
>Ignorance and laziness are separate things.
No. You are ignorant because you're too lazy to spend dozens of hours studying.
>if the syntax for SQLite and MySQL workbench are different, there's no point in trying to learn SQLite
Yes there is. There are numerous DBMS and you need to be able to use several if you hope to get a job some day.
>given your history of not solving problems
I just want to point that you never provided details about these so called problems (given how fucking stupid you are, I'm 95% sure that it's actually that you're doing it wrong), instead you just wanted us to make your homework for you. You can't complain about this because you never provided info nor asked for help with those problems; you're just looking for an argument that will allow you to blame anyone but yourself, but there isn't one.
>Still it's kinda ironic that you call me lazy, and then lazily offer alternatives instead of actually doing the work.
So you come here asking us to do your homework, and if we tell you that we won't, we are the lazy ones and not you? If you legitimately think this, you should've been aborted; I bet your poor whore mother regrets it every single day. I pity that woman.
>if you're not going to contribute anything but toxic whining, don't contribute in the first place.
>WAHHHHHH MY SAFE PLACE
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEE DON'T TELL ME TO LEARN
>STOOOOOOOOP SAYING THINGS I DON'T LIKE
All the help you need is in my original post: First learn what a database even is, then read the documentation of the DBMS you'll be using, then watch some example videos. You should be able to carry on any entry level homework after 6-8 hours of study; I don't see how telling you this is so offensive. Of course, if you're a fucking idiot who only started working on the final project two days before the due date and never bothered to open a book during the whole semester, I can understand why you didn't like my reply. We probably are in the same class, by the way.
>>
Not OP here

True, different DBMS, different syntax.

Had a hard time converting MSSSQL queries to MySQL.

Still prefer MSSQL over MySQL but at least MySQL is open source
>>
>>329204
Well people don't really use MySQL now, its all about MariaDB
>>
File: giphy_s.gif (47KB, 336x250px) Image search: [Google]
giphy_s.gif
47KB, 336x250px
>>329208
>MariaDB
>Sameanon only knows MySQL, MSSQL

Welp, I need to read more on this stuff.
>>
>>329128
>Ignorance and laziness are separate things.
They're not when it comes to homework: homework doesn't test you on arbitrary things, it just asks you to use the things you learned it class.

Or would have learned if you weren't lazy and actually went and paid attention.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.