[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

moon orbit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: Moon.jpg (36KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
Moon.jpg
36KB, 128x128px
hi guys im stoned with my friend and we stared at the moon a few times and realised over time it dipped on a rightward angle because we live in britain. we got onto the discussion of what country has a perfect moon orbit (rises on one horizon and goes in a straight line to the next horizon) we googled it and although we know theres probably lots of pages out there detailing it, it's one of those things you can't word properly so google doesn't pick up on it. what countries does the moon pass in a perfect line guys? thanks
>>
>>328519
It doesn't. If it did, then there'd be a lunar eclipse and a solar eclipse every month, and these eclipses would travel north and south with the seasons.

The reason there's not a pair of eclipses every month is that the moon doesn't orbit in exactly the same plane as the sun, which means there can only be an eclipse when the line that their two orbital planes intersecting makes is pointed at the sun, and the moon happens to be there on that line (to within the tolerances you get from the earth moon and sun being massively huge spheres and not just points).

Seeing as you're high, I'll leave you with something to think about: if you look at a lunar eclipse, the sun is exactly behind you, and you can draw a straight line from the moon, through your head, through the earth, and into the sun.
>>
File: Earth-Moon.png (189KB, 860x545px) Image search: [Google]
Earth-Moon.png
189KB, 860x545px
>>328525
Pics or it didn't happen.
>>
>>328568
So in the case of an eclipse, the sun is your eyeball, and the moon is at a point along the line marked "moon orbit" that would put it in front of the earth.
>>
Fiddly to claw tons drivel represent

Das dat pool town shit
>>
>>328597
I'm not arguing with you. But an eclipse is a more specific example of what a diagram of the Earth's and Moon's orbits shows directly.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.