[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hard Drive Issues

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

This fucker sits on my desk rarely being used, and the one time I fire it up for an important reason it doesn't work!

Well... it works for about 10 seconds, then it completely freezes up. I can feel/hear it's still spinning. Any suggestions?
>>
>>327833
does the drive appear when plugged? have you tried plugging it in a sata port?
>>
>>327835
Yeah it appears, I can access it very briefly, but then it freezes up. I don't have a sata port.
>>
>>327839
Well the issue could be with the Sata adapter that plugs in the back of the drive.

Are you plugging this on a laptop or PC?
>>
>>327845
Laptop.
>>
>>327846
Is the external drive a 2.5 drive? Like one a laptop would use?

From what I remember there is software that can check for disk errors. You burn an iso image onto a dvd or make a bootable USB. Open laptop exchange drives (only if external drive is a 2.5). When laptop boots up it should run the program that checks for disk errors.

Still the issue could be with the adapter being used. Which means you may have to buy a new hard drive enclosure.
>>
>>327848
I just plugged the adapter into a different hard drive and it's working fine. I don't know how to do any of that other stuff.
>>
>>327833
>not even posting the SMART
>>minna-san
>not even telling him to post the SMART
Is this a LARP board now?
>>
>>327853
What?
>>
>>327854
>he doesn't know about the Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology
>>
>>327833
I had a similar issue, opened up my external just to find a 2.5" sata, bought a new case and its working flawlessly.. My problem was electronics with the old case, might chech that
>>
>>327851
Well its the drive. If you have anything important on the drive and a laptop is all you have to read the drive. You may have to follow these steps>>327848
https://www.partitionwizard.com/download.html
The free version doesn't offer the bootable image. I'm sure a cracked version is available on the pirate bay.

If you can find a cracked version of one of these programs I would get HDD Regenerator. http://www.dposoft.net/

>>327853
Well I assumed its the adapter. He cant post SMART since the drive can barely be read. Like you could have just read what he posted you dipshit.
>>327855
Are you that pretend know it all nerd that gets beat up?
>>
>>327867
to make a bootable USB using a provided .iso
https://rufus.akeo.ie/
>>
>>327867
>He cant post SMART since the drive can barely be read.
The SMART is not in the drive itself you fucking retard retard.
>>
>>327929
Chillout pillow fucker, if you know what you are talking about explain it to OP. Dont just sperg out like your the only person in your mud hut village with a computer. Only way I read SMART is using some program while the HDD is attached. I'm not aware if a log is kept on the status of an external drive. Only autists like you sperg out by the most trivial bullshit.

Now go back to the anime you were just watching and semen stained keyboard.
>>
>>327867
I don't understand this at all. If the drive only works for 10 seconds before freezing up what difference would putting the drive in the computer make?
>>
>>327955
It's kept in an EEPROM on the drive's PCB, not on the platters. There would be very little point in keeping a recording of the health of the platters on those actual platters.

This means that you can read the SMART counters and logs from any drive that works for any amount of time, and in fact from any drive with a working SATA or SATA-over-USB interface.

>>327929
You can't imagine how happy I am to encounter a like-minded individual.
>>
>>328101
>You can't imagine how happy I am to encounter a like-minded individual.
;)
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.