[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

statics problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: Untitled.png (17KB, 267x195px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
17KB, 267x195px
im now trying to study for my test and i came across this problem on pic related

bar AB weight = 294N
CD cable weight can be ignored
Q weight = 1176N
AD=4m
DB=1m
angle omega = 45ยบ

a)calculate the tension (im translating not sure if its called that way in english) on CD cable b)the vertical and horizontal components of the force that the bar AB receives from the A articulation(not sure again but its the thing on point A)

id appreciate any help in trying to understand the problem and if possible after that someone to correct my mistakes after the initial help
thanks a lot
>>
fuck i mean theta

anyways the only forces acting are the tension and the 2 weights i guess.

i thnik its the angles that are fucking me up pls give me some tips pls im an autist and i cant go on studying unless i solve this shit
>>
>>327510
it has been a while
I think you calculate forces vertical to the bar and calculate moment at A

3*Fv(CD) = 2*Fv(BAR) + 4*Fv(Q)

so tension is 294*6
maybe wrong... dunno
>>
File: 1473248350178.png (26KB, 420x441px) Image search: [Google]
1473248350178.png
26KB, 420x441px
To find the tension you'll just need to calculate the sum of moments about point A. This image shows everything you'll need to figure that out.

Then once you have the tension, you can calculate the sum of forces in the X and Y directions. A_x and A_y will be the only unknowns, so finding them will just be simple addition and subtraction.

>>327513
right idea but wrong numbers
>>
>>327542
thanks so much. im trying it out now. so i should do something like

sumMa=MQ_y + MBar_y -MT_x
0=1176*cos45*5 + 294*cos45*2.5 - T*4*sin45

which gives me T=1653.75N

is that correct?

gonna start the rest now
>>
>>327563
>>327542
and FA_x = 1169.38N, FA_y = -765.12N
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.