[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /b/, just need your honest opinion and input on this tattoo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

File: Tatt.jpg (1MB, 2272x3029px) Image search: [Google]
Tatt.jpg
1MB, 2272x3029px
Hey /b/, just need your honest opinion and input on this tattoo rough sketch I'm getting, its my first one. Its going to be a lot more detailed but this is the general idea.

I would like to get some honest feedback on whether or not this is awful or decent, and what you believe I should add onto this as I am very new to tattoos.

One of the reasons I am getting this is it relates to my job as an RN.
>>
>>327091
Whoops, meant to type /wsr/, that was a brain fart.
>>
Looks gay but you're a RN so it checks out
>>
File: aSVjtu7.png (225KB, 2400x2400px) Image search: [Google]
aSVjtu7.png
225KB, 2400x2400px
>>327094
My feelings..
Any improvements you can suggest?
>>
>>327091
There are some details I find kinda off.
>Wings give away disturbed ruffled feeling when bent that high. It should be calm and composed, but now it looks like the caduceus is either assaulting or escaping the situation, and I can't tell which is it.

>Geometric patterns combined with organic theme of the staff doesn't really work yet. It looks a bit too busy with all that going on.

>What's with the extra eye on top of the staff? It looks scared, or at least very disturbed. Generally it's a very difficult task to give a composed looks to a cyclops theme.
>>
>>327100
The wings are up due to the lack of space on my forearem :(
Should I take out the geometric shapes completely or minimize it?
Not too sure about the eye, the artist thought it was too bland to put nothing in there but I'm more than open to suggestions on what else I can put on the top.
>>
>>327095
You see where that down syndrome eye is right in the center of the irrelevant triangles?
Well it'd be a major improvement not only to your pointless tattoo but also your pointless existence if you just stuck a knife oh say about two inches deep and 5 inches down towards your wrist.
HUGE improvement! Trust!~
>>
File: you-can-do-it.jpg (47KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
you-can-do-it.jpg
47KB, 400x400px
>>327095

>>327111
>>
>>327091
You're richard nixon?

Anyhoo, if you turn the staff into an arrow, that says to people you do archery, because the arrow is in the exact place it would be if you nocked and drew a bow.

If you don't actually do that, you probably shouldn't get an arrow on your forearm.
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 500x500px
>>327106
The eye and the triangle together make the symbol of the Illuminati; if that's not what you're going for, maybe don't have an eye and a triangle?
>>
I think it looks really cool, and I'm a sucker for thematic tattoos. It is a little busy though -- coming from someone who prefers minimalist design -- maybe try cutting down the detail on the snakes/wings to match the level of detail on everything else.
>>
>>327120
Thanks for the input, I'll let the tattoo artist know. Should I take away the triangles too? I can sort of see it looking like an illuminati triangle now..
>>
File: stop.jpg (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
stop.jpg
22KB, 400x400px
>>327091
>Hey /b/
>>
>>327128
bump
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 300x212px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 300x212px
>>327130
Read https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caduceus_as_a_symbol_of_medicine

The Caduceus was borne by Hermes/Mercury, the god of commerce, subterfuge and messengers; the Rod of Asclepius was borne by Asclepius the god of medicine. Americans often mix them up, but if you're putting something on your skin forever, I imagine you'll want to get it right.
>>
>>327220
>Americans often mix them up
It's not just just the burgers who get this wrong; I had no idea until just now that the Caduceus (which I now know it is called) isn't for medicine.

Don't nurses, hospitals, fucking millions of people around the world use [apparently misuse] this??
>>
>>327227
No, just the ones in the USA, and only in the past thirty years.
>>
>>327091
i don't like it
it looks so familiar but shit
is it a common pic redrawn or navy seals on acid
>>
File: 1389126884054.jpg (15KB, 219x250px) Image search: [Google]
1389126884054.jpg
15KB, 219x250px
>>327231
>the 19th century was 30 years ago
>>
What is the deal with sheep and their taste for illuminati tats? I see this kind of thing all the time.. sad really
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.