[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tech support

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: eurobeat1.jpg (121KB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
eurobeat1.jpg
121KB, 704x480px
I'm trying to convert a GIF to WEBM with ffmpeg. I've used it plenty before and it's worked fine for AVIs, I feel like I've gotten the hang of it, but no matter what options I throw at it, I cannot convert this GIF. It always says "Error while opening encoder for output stream #0:0 - maybe incorrect parameters such as bit_rate, rate, width or height". It says that even when I don't specify any of those parameters.
help please?
pic unrelated
>>
What gif and command?
Maybe you are using the wrong quality settings?
>>
File: the.webm (49KB, 235x453px) Image search: [Google]
the.webm
49KB, 235x453px
ffmpeg -i the.gif -c:v libvpx -b:v 1M -c:a libvorbis the.webm
Try something like this?
>>
File: the.gif (197KB, 235x453px) Image search: [Google]
the.gif
197KB, 235x453px
>>327040
>>
>>327040
didn't work
>>327038
I tried these commands:
ffmpeg -i disgrace.gif -codec:v libvpx -quality good -cpu-used 0 -b:v 2.5M -qmin 9 -qmax 34 -maxrate 2.7M -bufsize 3.5M -threads 4 -g 96 final.webm
ffmpeg -i disgrace.gif -codec:v libvpx -quality good -cpu-used 0 -b:v 2.5M -qmin 9 -qmax 34 -maxrate 2.7M -bufsize 3.5M -threads 4 final.webm
ffmpeg -i disgrace.gif -codec:v libvpx -quality good -cpu-used 0 -b:v 2.5M -qmin 9 -qmax 34 -bufsize 3.5M -threads 4 -g 96 final.webm
ffmpeg -i disgrace.gif -codec:v libvpx -quality good -cpu-used 0 -b:v 2.5M -threads 4 final.webm
ffmpeg -i disgrace.gif -codec:v libvpx -quality good -b:v 2.5M -threads 4 final.webm
ffmpeg -i disgrace.gif -codec:v libvpx -b:v 2.5M -threads 4 final.webm
ffmpeg -i disgrace.gif -codec:v libvpx -quality good -cpu-used 0 -b:v 2.5M final.webm
ffmpeg -i disgrace.gif -codec:v libvpx -quality good -b:v 2.5M final.webm
ffmpeg -i disgrace.gif -codec:v libvpx -b:v 2.5M final.webm
ffmpeg -i disgrace.gif -codec:v libvpx final.webm
ffmpeg -i disgrace.gif -codec:v libvpx -b:v 2.5M -crf 12 final.webm
ffmpeg -i disgrace.gif -c:v libvpx -b:v 1M -c:a libvorbis final.webm

the GIF is too big to post, that's why I want to convert it
it's just a dumb thing insulting anime
>>
File: title-fishbulb.gif (9KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
title-fishbulb.gif
9KB, 125x125px
>>327035
perhaps convert the gif to something else, like an avi? some gifs have odd settings that confuse conversion programs.
>>
>>327044
> convert it to a .avi ...

and THEN convert the avi to a .webm, is what i meant.
>>
>>327043
I'm pretty sure most of those should work.
I tried a few on a .gif and they worked fine.
They all give that error? Maybe the file is corrupt?
Are you using the latest version of ffmpeg?
>>
>>327046
they all give that error, and also "Transparency encoding with auto_alt_ref does not work", but I figured that was just it being weird
maybe that's causing the more fatal error?
I have version "ffmpeg version N-82597-gd316b21"
no idea which one that is
I just downloaded it again, about to copy it over and test it
>>
>>327051
post the gif on a pomf clone
it probably doe shave something weird about it like the other anon says
>>
>>327051
nope, same errors
>>
>>327052
>post the gif on a pomf clone
a what?
I remember something about pomf.cat (I think), that URL leads nowhere, what am I looking for?
>>
This might or might not help, but recently I was running into errors with converting .gif to .webm and someone told me you always had to set the rate which is why it was failing

The problem is I didn't know how to do that so couldn't test it.
>>
>>327056
https://github.com/tsudoko/long-live-pomf/blob/master/long-live-pomf.md
>>
RIP, OP.
>>
>>327058
https://void.cat/775ef67f24ea47e4a190de3777a597d3bbcc390c&v
>>
File: final.webm (1MB, 262x264px) Image search: [Google]
final.webm
1MB, 262x264px
>>327073
Works on my machine no problem. Even with one of those commands you tried.
werd
>>
>>327076
well thanks
I had an idea, maybe it was the batch file that came with the version of ffmpeg I had before I just upgraded, but it pretty much just sets the path temporarily; I ran it with path specification myself and it still didn't work
guess I'm just cursed or something
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.