[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Image Distortion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (125KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
125KB, 1280x720px
Someone once posted instructions on how to purposefully but randomly distort images, kinda similar to this image, but I can't remember exactly how, nor find the instructions again.

Was wondering if anyone might know.

From what I can vaguely recall, you had to open the image in photoshop, convert it to a particular type, then open it in notepad and either add or delete a small section of text.

The key was the particular image type though.
>>
>>326958
https://getmosh.io/

Have you ever tried this website?
>>
>>326966
Not exactly what I was looking for, but pretty neat. Actually managed to stumble on the keyword I was looking for, databending.

Though the text editing method isnt working for me at the moment. Thank you though!
>>
>>326972
Use a hex editor like HxD
>>
>>326972
databending is mostly random it could take you ages to get the same effect

the effect is called chromatic aberration or rgb split and it can be done in lots of ways depending of what software do you have, either photoshop rgb channels, magic bullet looks chromatic aberration + glow/diffusion/noise filters or after effects twitch plugin using the presets for chaos/lights sounds difficult but it shouldn't take longer than 5 mins unlike databending.

if you post the image you want to distort i'll might be able to do it for you.
>>
>>327007
I wasn't going for anything specific, I like the random effects, but I prefer minimal bending, mostly just colour and slightly warped
>>
File: ack8.jpg (87KB, 540x754px) Image search: [Google]
ack8.jpg
87KB, 540x754px
>>327020

Do you have a Linux machine, or have/know Perl?
>>
File: ack49.jpg (87KB, 540x754px) Image search: [Google]
ack49.jpg
87KB, 540x754px
I did this with a couple of lines of Perl. You're not going to get the wavy interference pattern with digital glitching -- that's analog effect.

Github has a shit ton of glitching tools, but the ones I looked at were in Javascript, and I couldn't figure out how they're run.

This site has a pretty comprehensive list of tools:

http://www.glitchet.com/resources
>>
I recall something like renaming the image to another format, opening it in audacity and applying filters or fucking with it, exporting, then changing it back to jpg or whatever.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.