[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok, so here is a question I thought would be simple to fix or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: candy keybord.gif (129KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
candy keybord.gif
129KB, 500x385px
Ok, so here is a question I thought would be simple to fix or find shit out about.

So, my gpu clocked up and wont clock down after the program is closed, thanks nvidia, and I was looking through everything that was using the gpu to find a fix for it, and the last thing I tried was killing dwm.

So now here is where my issue is, I keep 4 chrome windows open for various uses in a specific order. killing dwm fucked with the order. I cant find out how to reorganize the windows, as trying everything and sliding them around moves the group not the windows themselves. This is an issue I put up with but it happens often enough I want to find a solution that isn't close the program and re open everything.
>>
>>326893
The z-order?

Just alt-tab.
>>
>>326893

This thread again?
>>
>>326910
got no answers last time i made it, so yea, again, likely till i get an answer.
>>
>>327055
Maybe do a better job of explaining what your actual problem is?
>>
>>327131
I have 3 chrome windows open, one for each task
I like them being in a certain order.
Sometimes something happens, fuck knows what, that scrambles the order.
I would like to drag the out of order one to its correct spot, but windows 7 will not allow me to do that, it only lets me drag and drop the entire chrome (or really anything I have multiple instances of open) window cluster, not individual windows.
This seems like it would be a common issue, or at least a common question, but i'm either asking it so stupidly that I can't find shit, or most people never encountered the issue or cared at all, so its just not a thing.
Back when I used xp or 98, the os would crash often enough this never was an issue of sort order, but 7 does not crash unless hardware fails or or if power goes out. Its been an issue for a long time for me, but its only been recently I have had enough and am looking for a solution... and as you may have guessed, to no avail.
>>
>>327134
You keep saying "a certain order".

What the fuck do you mean by that, and why are all the previous answers you've had not applicable?
>>
>>327137
I got no answers last thread, the first answer here was alt tab, which doesn't only have chrome and doesn't keep an order.

after that, nothing.

The windows I keep open are entertainment first, reading second, work third, those are the tabs that will always be open

After that I keep tabs open as scratch area for opening a window while I'm using one of the first three. However for some reason the fucking windows scramble, right now I have
scratch - scratch - entertainment - reading - work - scratch
The way I want is so I know which windows have which tabs and can quickly get the one I want, rather than needing to fuck around to figure out which one I'm looking for.
>>
File: Gnome workspaces.png (984KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Gnome workspaces.png
984KB, 1920x1080px
>>327134
>3 chrome windows open

If you alt-tab between different windows and occasionally skip one of them, it will re-prioritize the window order.

So, Why don't you keep 3 chrome tabs open?

Even better, separated desktop workspaces like I have with my Gnome and xfce desktops. Everything stays in designated order, I just switch between workspaces. Pic related, on the right a stack of workspaces that pop up by moving a mouse pointer on the right edge.
>>
>>327141
>The way I want is so I know which windows have which tabs and can quickly get the one I want,
ON FUCKING WHAT?

The reason you're getting no answers is because you're assuming everyone uses Windows the exact same way as you and will just intuitively know what mystery list is getting unordered.

Surprise: that's not the case, so you're going to have to actually say.
>>
File: 2017-06-06_02-13-26.png (350KB, 1542x182px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-06_02-13-26.png
350KB, 1542x182px
>>327146
Because I use windows.

Here is the issue, I want to move /g/ to the left of the youtube video. Literally all I want to do without needing to shut everything I'm doing down and reopen them in the correct order.
>>
>>327149
Install the extension "tab outliner", then either:

- close all your Chrome windows then reopen the three you care about
or
- use tab outliner for its intended purpose and stop asking the taskbar to be something it isn't
>>
>>327149
7+ Taskbar Tweaker lets you do this.

Given the retarded nature of what you're trying to do, I'm somewhat unsurprised to see /g/ in there.
>>
>>327149

Anon, open them all in Tabs in one window. Then you can see what you have open and where at all times.

That's why Tabs were added in browsers. You can reorganize the tabs by just dragging and dropping them left, right and in the middle.

Pic related, three tabs open.
>>
File: chrome_2017-06-06_13-26-02.png (117KB, 1842x45px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-06-06_13-26-02.png
117KB, 1842x45px
>>327150
6000~ tabs in it now, I don't use it as an option to actively organize tabs, but more a way to reorganize windows after I have shitted them up and a pseudo bookmark.

>>327151
Honestly, what I want isn't hard, and should have been basic functionality, drag the fucking windows to organize them how I want within groups.

>>327152
Note that this is an active window. and the tab I am on is so far off the tab navigation you can't see it. I put off a fuckload of things till later if I am able to put them off, this isn't even one of the 3 main windows.
Tabs back in win 98 and xp were there because the browser shared resources better then instantiating new tabs all the time, and also was better than having 1 window open at all times.
Tab groups in firefox were great, but firefox shit itself, the closest you can get to that in chrome is having different windows open.
currently across all tabs, I have 518 open, nearly all are suspended but open because I have shit to do on every one, but shit I am able to put off.
>>
>>327387
>>327151
meant to sage that last post and say thanks but I missed it.

Again, thank you.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.