[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Computer Surround Sound Setup Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 4K60.png (14KB, 347x138px) Image search: [Google]
4K60.png
14KB, 347x138px
I’m trying to play computer games 2K/4K at 60fps on my TV with surround sound from a receiver. However, I’m currently only getting 30fps.

My current setup has the HDMI video from my computer (GTX 1060) pass through my receiver (Sony DN850) to my TV (Samsung JU7500).

My question is: what is the best approach to get around this issue?

If you have questions or need clarification on something, please ask and I’ll do my best to respond as quickly as possible.

I appreciate any help I can get!
>>
>>322264
Don't pass it through your receiver, connect it to your TV directly then connect the receiver to your TV using HDMI ARC.
>>
>>322264
The second-best solution is to connect both of the devices to your 1060, then span the "displays" and set the receiver's screen resolution to something that prevents spanning. See http://www.tomsguide.com/forum/newresponse/2530267
>>
>>322266
My TV apparently doesn't have a HDMI ARC output. It only has an ARC input.
>>
>>322279
Definitionally, ARC is an output. Something that lets you send audio into a TV is just HDMI.
>>
>>322307
Went ahead and tried it out. It didn't recognize it as an output. I looked around my TV's settings and I didn't see anything useful there.

>>322268
I guess this is my only option, but my computer doesn't recognize my receiver without the TV plugged in.

I was looking at HDMI dummy connectors, does anyone think/know if that might work?
>>
>>322338
Yeah, that would solve the problem of your computer not wanting to output to your receiver. Get one with a configurable resolution, set it the same as your TV, and mirror the displays.

I still think your TV supports ARC and you're just being a dumbass, but whatevs.
>>
>>322338
Sony says your receiver supports ARC (http://docs.esupport.sony.com/homeav/STR-DN850_DN1050_guide/en/contents/TP0000378903.html), and Samsung says your TV supports ARC, so it should be as simple as connecting your receiver's HDMI video out to your TV's HDMI in (ARC) port, then maybe going into "speaker list" on your TV and disabling any HDMI audio formats your receiver doesn't understand.
>>
>>322338
Oh, and you shouldn't see it as an output or anything, it should just work. The TV should always output an ARC signal of whatever you're watching without you needing to do anything. The receiver's supposed to go into ARC mode automatically, but you might need to tell it to.
>>
>>322353
I wouldn't be surprised it I was just being retarded here, but from what I've been looking at on Google, it seems I've already have the ARC configuration of computer > receiver > TV. Which works in that configuration, but just doesn't deliver 60fps at anything over 1080p.

>>322353
Where is this ARC output supposed to come from in not from an ARC HDMI output? The one connect that my TV uses (see pic) only has an ARC input. Having the signal go through that input vs the others makes no difference. Also, trying to use it as an output to my receiver didn't yield any results.
>>
File: ju7100-inputs-back-large.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
ju7100-inputs-back-large.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>322381
forgot pic
>>
>>322381
You are being retarded here.

ARC stands for "Audio RETURN Channel". The audio goes backwards down the HDMI cable, in the opposite direction to the picture. You keep wiring your receiver up as a passthrough, which is wrong, and you keep saying you're using ARC, when you're not.

Connect your receiver's video output to the TV's "HDMI4 (ARC)" input, and the PC to any other input on the TV. Put the receiver in ARC mode (if it doesn't do this automatically), and play select on the TV the HDMI input the PC is connected to.

The TV will take the audio signal from the PC, and RETURN it down the Audio RETURN Channel to the receiver.
>>
>>322383
Here's the bit in your receiver's manual where it tells you it supports ARC and how to turn it on: http://helpguide.sony.net/ha/strdn10585/v1/en/contents/TP0000242752.html
>>
>>322405
>>322408
Thank you for helping me get to the root of the problem, I retarded and didn't understand how HDMI ARC works.

I hooked it up as described and it's working like a charm. Delicious 4K @60fps with surround sound.

Also, thank you everyone for helping to fix my issue and understand how HDMI ARC works! It is truly appreciated!
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.