[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you make gids like this from regular pics?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: 1487363036614.gif (535KB, 640x636px) Image search: [Google]
1487363036614.gif
535KB, 640x636px
How do you make gids like this from regular pics?
>>
File: RainbowPepe.gif (282KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
RainbowPepe.gif
282KB, 499x499px
>>320813
Also this...
>>
File: 1488646417676.gif (897KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
1488646417676.gif
897KB, 800x430px
And this please.
>>
some combination of scripting and photoshopping
>>
>>320955
Do you or anybody know what exactly? I was hoping for a GIF program that would allow me to quickly make these types of animations.
>>
Pic #1
Just searched for "animated gif to ascii animation"
https://www.phpsecure.info/gifanimscii.php

Pic #2
Probably a generic trippy gif with a pepe pasted over it. The eyes are cut out and the same gif has been put under them. Then the whole thing recompiled.
>>
>>320817
Editing something into this would be very interesting to me.
>>
>>321566

That has been hand made via hue-manipulating.
Give an image a base image where you add strongly contrasting bold colors in gradienting from the center, then save one as a frame, go to hue/saturation and and move the slider, save as next frame, go to hue/saturation again and move the slider more, save again, ... then compile the frames.
>>
>>321577
>this has been hand made by blah blah blah bullshit bullshit
Fucking twaddle.

It's a greyscale gradient background that's been converted to 256-colour palletised, then the pallet is swapped for a lurid one and every frame the pallette is rotated.

This technique has been around since the C64, and could be done in the horizontal blanking for waterfall, ripple, etc. effects on a machine with only 16 colours total.
>>
>>321592
Ah hell, what program could help do that for someone?
>>
>>321592
Untrained dumbass here. This interests me. How hard is this to do?
>>
File: 4L_WhVdeZrJ.gif (15KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
4L_WhVdeZrJ.gif
15KB, 320x200px
>>322225
It was really easy on the Amiga and Atari: Degas, Neochrome etc. had native support for it.
>>
>>322243
Is there a modern equivalent?
>>
>>320813
I'm pretty sure adobe has a program for editing gifs. If there isnt, you can make the individual frames is Ps and use some program to string them together. To make an image into text like that in Ps:
1. scale the image down and up again using nearest neighbor
2. apply a color palette to the image
3. write a text layer of what characters you want that lines up with the pixels on the image.
4. create a layer a fill it black.
5. rasterize the text layer, and use the wand to select all the text.
select the black layer and erase the selected area, leaving holes in the shape of the text.
6. delete the text layer

there's probably a more efficient way of doing it but that's how i would go at it off the cuff if I couldn't find a custom filter for it.
>>
>>320813
>>322799
I'm pretty sure that, rather than do that by hand, the author used libcaca.
>>
>>320815
circular gradient in the bg, posterize that layer, gradient map with a rainbow gradient, duplicate and hue shift

repeat with a smaller cropped one for the eyes
>>
File: freg.gif (191KB, 462x512px) Image search: [Google]
freg.gif
191KB, 462x512px
>>322892
there we go i made one real quick, wasn't too hard, just a bit of a hassle when you need a lot of frames
>>
>>322892
>>322894
Whoa, really neat.
>>
>>322885
Not OP, but how do you use this
>>
>>320817
this isn't too hard you just need to work at it for a bit, start by inverting the image and adding hue shifts to each frame by 0.15 or however much seems to fit, these things vary from editor to editor but in gimp's case just keep exporting frame by frame until you have a loop of the whole color spectrum, at that point you want to 'compile' all the frames into a gif. you're REElcome.
>>
>>323267
It's in mencoder, and probably also ffmpeg, so I suspect if you use the right command-line you can transform arbitrary input into an asciigif.
>>
>>323270
Cool. So this does take some time, but it's easy?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.