[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Probbly the wrong board to ask this but what would be a good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Wacom Intuos CTL480 Small.jpg (11KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
Wacom Intuos CTL480 Small.jpg
11KB, 380x380px
Probbly the wrong board to ask this but what would be a good quality drawing tablet? I had pick related some time ago but it's gone now and was wondering what would be a good choice for a quality tablet for beginning hobby drawing.
>>
File: bamboo8.jpg (40KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
bamboo8.jpg
40KB, 500x375px
>>319053
My first drawing tablet was a bamboo pen and touch pad pic related. The current tablet I use is a CTH690AK (Medium) Wacom tablet. From what I've read its an updated version of your pic a 'CTH680'. The medium sized CTH690 is cheaper than the CTH680 medium.

Only reason I purchased a new one was because the old one was getting warned out. I can produce the same level of drawings on either one. The times I used my smaller bamboo tablet was to draw on a average sized laptop screen. The current one I own which is bigger I tend to use on a larger PC monitor. I think if you plan on working on a small screen the size of tablet shouldn't be that big of a deal.

What it really comes down to is what features you want on a tablet. The newer tablet I own has 4 shortcut keys and can be used wireless (Requires buying a wireless adapter). I rarely use the shortcut keys on the pad desu. So, you could buy a cheaper tablet without shortcut keys.

I've also found a site that sells custom skins for most Wacom tablets.

https://foxbox.io/collections/tablet-covers
>>
>>319090
Just noticed that the one In your pic is actually a CTL480, oops. Both the CTH680 and CTL480 look the same.

The updated version is the CTL490. I think all they did with the updated versions is they made the wireless feature optional and added shortcut keys.

https://www.amazon.com/Wacom-CTL490DW-Digital-Drawing-Graphics/dp/B010LHRFM2/ref=dp_ob_image_ce

The white version is cheaper than the blue one. I think its good for a beginner. Its the same price range I chose my early Wacom bamboo tablet.

I think the price difference between models is the pressure sensitivity.
>>
>>319053
Wacom is still the best. Upgrade to pro if you want to start doing complex things.
>>
>>319095
>>The updated version is the CTL490. I think all they did with the updated versions is they made the wireless feature optional and added shortcut keys.
Scratch this, it has to do more with the materials used to manufacture these tablets. The newer updated models are made out of cheaper materials than the previous ones.
>>
Do newer tablets have a different aspect ratio? (like 16:9 monitors)
>>
>>319053

I got a Hanvon Art Master 3.
Very good imho, though a bit of a diva on my Win system...
>>
Thanks for the advice. Now my next question is would you guys recommend getting a pen display? Sure I may be doing begginer shit but I feel like a pen display would be much more comfortable. Especially since using my old tablet cumbersome being plugged in to a laptop and solemn use of table space.
>>
>>319379
Get a Thinkpad x220t/x230t.

You get a whole laptop, with a Wacom in the screen, for less than the price of a Wacom with a screen.
>>
Also, I just did a quick search on the Wacom site. What does the touch feature? I saw a touch option under the pricing for pic related and figured I'd was worth asking since it drops the price $200 for not having it.
>>
>>319386
Touch with your finger, not just the pen.

So you can press bits of the tablet for shortcuts, like on a Synaptics.
>>
>>319379
If you are willing to pay the amount of money for a good one then I would vouch for it. It is definitely easier to get shit done. I am very comfortable with my Cintiq 13HD even though all I do nowadays is draw when I am not doing anything (which is barely nowadays)
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.