[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Anime" Movies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (163KB, 750x940px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
163KB, 750x940px
I've recently been getting into "Anime" Movies, and I'd like to know if you guys could recommend some to me. Try to avoid series based movies, (ex. Pokemon, Digimon) and Ghibli films. I suppose we could also discuss what we like and dislike about the movies.
>>
Afro samurai? Not much you can't like about it
>>
End of Evangelion
>>
>>315476
you have to watch the entire series before going into this. not what OP was asking for.

OP:
Perfect Blue
Akira
Ghost in the Shell
FLCL (mini series)

good places to start. check out the directors for those and go from there. i also do highly recommend Evangelion, theres only 26 episodes to get through before the movie and its well worth the watch.
>>
i think /a/ likes kimi no na wa
>>
>>315474
Go watch anything by Satoshi Kon:
Tokyo Godfathers
Perfect Blue
Paprika
Millennium Actress

And seeing as how you're posting Summer Wars, go watch all of Mamoru Hosoda's too:
Tokikake
Summer Wars
Wolf Children
The Boy and the Beast

If you like Hosoda, I think you'd also like Welcome to the Space Show.

And I guess the Mamoru Oshii ones too, but do watch the 6 episode Patlabor OVA before the movies:
Patlabor (6 OVAs, 3 movies, ignore the TV show)
GitS (2 movies, plus a show you can watch after the movies after you get hooked, but directed by Kamiyama Kenji)
Sky Crawlers (Based on Hiroshi Mori's novel series. His Subete ga F ni Naru was also adapted to a great TV show, with characted design by Asano Inio of Oyasumi Punpun, Nijigahara Holograph and Dededede fame)

And if we're talking Oshii, we also have to talk Okiura:
Jin-Roh
A Letter to Momo

And of course, can't forget Katsuhiro Otomo:
Metropolis
AKIRA
Steamboy
Memories

Last but not least, Masaaki Yuasa is brilliant, but his work isn't really easy to approach. He did direct parts of Welcome to the Space Show though, which IS very approachable, but that's because he was only directing action scenes and multitudes and whatnot.
Mind Game
Kick Heart
Plus his new Morimi (Tatami Galaxy, Uchoten Kazoku) novel-based movie.
>>
>>315474
end of evamgelion is usually mention as the best anime movie, also ninja scroll, akira, ghost in the shell and redline are classics

a few others that i liked; the girl who leapt through time, angel's egg, 5 cm per second/your name, genius party 1&2 and patlabor's
>>
>>315537
Thank you so much :^)
>>
>>315523
Cannot recommend Kimi no Na Wa enough.
>>
Tekkon Kinkreet
Ai City
>>
>>315862
Sure, if you like crying, and in that case

>The Red Turtle
>Wolf Children
>Garden of Words
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.