[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pc building help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: 20170514_181223.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170514_181223.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
Im building my first gaming rig and Im having trouble fitting the gpu, my case is a ThermalTake V3 black (Tight budget, shitty country)
My problem is that the place where you screw down the gpu is outside of the case, not in it and I cant seem to make the metal part of the card get in the hole to screw it down.
Motherboard: Asus h270m-plus
Gpu: Radeon R7 260x
Case: ThermalTake V3 black
If you need more pics I'll be happy to provide
>>
Might have wanted to take a picture in an angle where we could actually see the mount.
Why do you have a 730w psu for a freaking 260x
>>
>>315341
>rig
You have to be over 18 to post here.

>>315341
>the place where you screw down the gpu is outside of the case, not in it and I cant seem to make the metal part of the card get in the hole to screw it down.
Firstly, the retard mistakes: makes sure you remembered to knock out the knockouts, and to take off the bit of case on top of the bit where all the card screws are. The best way to put in big cards is "down nearly all the way, then back all the way, then down all the way and into the slot". There's a loop at the bottom of each card backplate position, and the pointy bit(s) of your card needs to slide into it.

If that doesn't work, loosen all the screws holding your motherboard down, fit the GPU to the case, wiggling the motherboard to get everything lined up, then screw everything down tight.
>>
>>315343
The psu was on sale at the time and I bought it since I might upgrade my gpu in the future
>>
>>315346
>complaining about the use of a word
you have to be over 18 to post here, you're not even 16 and it's pretty obvious
>>
>>315351
Yeah but that's just a nitpick. Post a better picture already.
You wanted help with the metal bracket but you don't even have it in frame you fucking dumbass
>>
File: design-2.jpg (30KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
design-2.jpg
30KB, 300x300px
not OP but pic related
>>
it has to fit OP. try lifting the card up from the back. the side where the power connecters are. simultaneously inserting the card into the pcie and case slot.
>>
File: file.png (202KB, 929x595px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
202KB, 929x595px
You did read the fucking manual and removed the fucking thing holding it in place before trying to jam it in?
>>
File: 20170514_215224.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170514_215224.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>315433
It still wont go in and I think its because of those rhings that stick out
>>
>>315455
If you're trying to put them through the slots then that's not how it works. They should just slide in between the motherboard and the inside of the case. Did you use motherboard stand-offs?
>>
>>315483
I did use stand-offs and im trying to plug it but I cant reach it
>>
From your pic it looks like you're using a micro ATX in a regular-size case and it's not screwed in. Are you sure you have the motherboard lined up properly?
>>
>>315499
I just realised that you're right. My motherboard is a micro atx and my case its a regular sized one. Sooo what do I do now?
>>
>>315508
should not matter. smaller mobo fit into bigger cases. you said you used stand-offs. i am not sure if this case needs standoffs judging by your pic
>>
and what the fuck OP ? this thread now goeas forever. provide us with some 360° panorama photos of your problem so we can see what the fuck you are doing.

look, this mobo should fit nicley into your case and the graca should fit nicley onto your mobo. for some reason it does not in your case.
i say you did something wrong so show us your build
>>
File: 20170515_160901.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170515_160901.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>315622
I cant push down any farther than that
>>
>>315812
You and your "rig" deserve each other, OP.

It's clearly not far back enough, and the retaining spikes at the bottoms of the card's backplates aren't tucking into the loops they're supposed to.
>>
File: Card Slots in Case.jpg (7KB, 120x215px) Image search: [Google]
Card Slots in Case.jpg
7KB, 120x215px
>>315812

Hey, OP. You still here?

See pic related for where the tags on your graphic card should go. These blanking plates go into a slot in the base of your case, just like the tags on your graphic card.
>>
>>315890
i'll see what I can do
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.