[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a way I can have all my desktop files show up on my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Rice Blow.gif (951KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
Rice Blow.gif
951KB, 500x333px
Is there a way I can have all my desktop files show up on my laptop. My laptop has enough space but if I could have them easily accessible if I want/need them.
Desktop is Windows 7 Laptop is surface pro with windows 10.

I want to be able to see the files in the regular file explorer. And say I was doing something like adding a photo to a post here. I would be able to select it in the explorer that opens and it would work like that. If that makes sense.

I made this thread a few days ago but didn't bump it in time.

An anon said
<winkey>-R
\\<name of laptop>\c$\users\<your username>\documents\

but I get an error when I try it. Not sure if it should be on the laptop or the desktop or both but I've tried both.
>>
http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/simple-windows-7-file-sharing-step-by-step-procedure/
>>
File: explorer_2017-05-14_17-32-39.png (15KB, 1263x227px) Image search: [Google]
explorer_2017-05-14_17-32-39.png
15KB, 1263x227px
>>315336
Alright I have the homegroup set up for it but when I try to open any of the shared folders nothing happens on the laptop. Also I can access some laptop files on the desktop through the network section and it doesn't show up in the homegroup.
>>
don't use c$ since thats a special admin share. create a new one and give your user account readonly access on both the share and the security.
>>
>>315451
why read only?
>>
>>315453
you can give full access but if you make a mistake and delete something, you won't be able to undelete it. a network share delete is permanent. did that too many times and have to go onto the pc the file was on and data recover it. a real mess if you accidently delete a directory.
>>
>>315473
oop. ro on the share. full on the security.
>>
>>315488
What is oop. ro?
>>
>>315451
There's no reason not to use the c$ share, particularly if all you want to do is access \users\. The underlying filesystem still enforces permissions, so all you're doing by adding another share with separate permissions to stuff that's already shared anyway is setting yourself up for confusing multiple access control list issues.

There's a time and a place for named shares, and that's in a small-office fileserver that sees multiple users that need to share files.
>>
Alright I got it all working. Thanks for the help.

Is there any way I can set up something to access them on the go as well?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.