[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Audio problem on Linux

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Hi /wsr/.
I've recently switched to Ubuntu 16.04 and everything works fine, except for one thing.
Audio sometimes breaks up (every 2-5 minutes, more or less) for a few seconds.
It's not a big deal, but it's annoying to hear that when I'm listening music.

By searching on internet, I found that this problem is caused by an option called "Auto-Mute", so I followed some instructions to fix this:
>alsamixer
>disable the "Auto-Mute" option
>sudo alsactl store
It worked the first time I tried this, but when I updated and restarted my computer the audio problem came back.
I typed "sudo alsactl restore" to restore (duh) my config but it didn't work. I enabled/disabled again the "Auto-Mute" option storing again the config but it also doesn't work. I don't know why this happened.

Could you help me to resolve this?
>>
>>314860
Umbongo 16.04 uses Pulseaudio. So unless you removed it you need to look at the Pulseaudio settings. Maybe install pavucontrol.
>>
>>315130
As with SELinux, the quickest and best way to solve PulseAudio problems is to remove it.

Do you add or remove microphones or speakers whilst playing or recording audio? If not, you don't need PulseAudio.
>>
>>315130
>you need to look at the Pulseaudio settings
I suppose you are referring to /etc/pulse/daemon.conf
https://pastebin.com/WsEgsCdr
What do I change?

>Maybe install pavucontrol
I installed it but I don't see any option that could help me.

>>315137
>Do you add or remove microphones or speakers whilst playing or recording audio?
No.

>the quickest and best way to solve PulseAudio problems is to remove it
>If not, you don't need PulseAudio
It would also remove things like ubuntu-desktop, unity-control-center and install a lot of other packages:
https://pastebin.com/Ph5qS8Yp
Is it ok?
>>
>>315515
https://encrypted.google.com/#q=how+to+remove+pulse+from+ubuntu+16.04

http://kodi.wiki/view/PulseAudio/HOW-TO:_Disable_PulseAudio_and_use_ALSA_%28without_removing_PulseAudio%29_for_Ubuntu

Don't know if pulse will get re-enabled eventually though. Because pulse is like a fucking virus.

Would someone please kill Lennart already, by the way? I had to migrate to PaleMoon ever since the fucking firefox devs decided to only support Pulse on Linux a couple of months ago. Though I think Ubuntu's packages are modified to support ALSA, because that shit broke, like, Xububtu and Lubuntu and Ubuntu Mate and whatnot too.

Seriously. Please. Someone kill Lennart already.
>>
>>315545
I tried that but now I don't have sound.
>>
>>315572
Huh. That's strange. Pure alsa should've kicked in.

Run alsaconf.
>>
>>315573
>$ alsaconf
>alsaconf: command not found
>$ apt-cache search alsaconf
>nothing
>>
>>315574
Fucking hell.

Maybe this?
sudo alsactl init
>>
>>315576
>$ sudo alsactl init
>[sudo] password for user:
>Found hardware: "HDA-Intel" "Conexant CX20751/2" "HDA:14f1510f,17aa3808,00100100 >HDA:80862882,80860101,00100000" "0x17aa" "0x3905"
>Hardware is initialized using a generic method
Problem is still there.
>>
>>315582
Welp. What can I say. Looks like pulse has thoroughly hijacked your system, and the Linux I use isn't Ubuntu, so I haven't been through that.

I'd say reactivate pulse for now, and wait to see if any ubuntu user has successfully deactivated his pulse and is willing to help.

If the thread dies eventually, I'd say gather the info you got from this thread, and ask /g/ then.
>>
>>315585
Ok, I'll do that.
Anyway, thanks for the help.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.