[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Learning Computer stuff

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

>Studying for CompTIA A+ Certification

Anyone got any tips for passing the test or learning more about computers?

Like any smart person I'm already using youtube

Pic not related but enjoy
>>
>>314113
Don't waste your time?

Unless you've got an in-principle job offer or promotion that requires you to get this bit of paper, leave it the hell alone.
>>
>>314117
What makes you say that? I hear it's good to have from a lot of people.
>>
>>314120
good != worth
>>
>>314117
Are you dumb? A+ is entry level requirement for any basic IT job. You're really supposed to have that plus experience.

OP, I'm not going to tell you it's a simple test, it isn't. You're going to want to cram for a few weeks reading on CompTIAs books out there.
Make sure to note specifics like differences between RJ-45 and 8P8C.

Don't attempt the test until you feel very prepared. It's timed, very long, expensive, and theres two.
>>
>>314133
No, you're meant to have experience, not a make-work bit of paper that says you can, when presented with multiple choices, identify a PCIe connector 75% of the time.
>>
>>314133
I had no Idea there were 2 tests for it. Do you have any other advice?
What's the 2nd test like?
>>
>>314133
>Make sure to note specifics like differences between RJ-45 and 8P8C.
Pure fucking gold.

Gizza job, I know the True and Honest name for a network plug.
>>
>>314136
One is just hardware focused, the other is software focused.

>>314135
Re-read what I posted.
A+ AND experience.
>>
>>314143
No, I read it right the first time.

It's just experience. If you've got experience you don't need an A+, and if you don't you can't use one. You might as well be saying "A+ AND experience AND a pet giraffe".

OP should only waste his time ticking these boxes if he has a firm offer in writing that's contingent on them.
>>
>>314146
And what I'm saying is that OP will never get a firm offer in writing for anything IT without having A+ and the experience.

Even fucking GeekSquad requires A+.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmMpDKmuH3A
>>
>>314149
Yeah, I know that's what you keep saying, but you're full of shit.

I guess you're pretty invested in it, seeing as you obviously wasted the time and money on one.
>>
>>314152
I don't even have my A+. I'm just able to understand basic fucking needs of an industry before I try and get into it.
Keep applying to jobs with your years of experience only to be dropped for someone with the same experience and an A+.
>>
>>314153
>Everyone needs an A+ for every job
>I don't have an A+ but I do have a job
Which of these mutually-contradictory statements is it?
>>
>>314172
>has to argue semantics
lmao dude
>>
>>314174
You literally offered up yourself as a counterexample to your own thesis.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.