[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just put up a wall in my finished basement, half of the wall

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 2inpyramid_closeuptn.jpg (50KB, 370x295px) Image search: [Google]
2inpyramid_closeuptn.jpg
50KB, 370x295px
Just put up a wall in my finished basement, half of the wall is boarded with drywall, my plan is to use it as a computer room and to avoid having the noises i make from furiously masturbating escape through the walls to the other rooms when in use, how should i go about soundproofing the room?
from what i've read acoustic foam is only good for removing the echo in a room, while a carpenter i spoke to had told me soundproof insulation would make this room too hot, since it's mainly for exterior walls. The fuck should I do?
>>
>>313079
>the noises i make from furiously masturbating

Who the fuck makes noise when they jack off?

You could install a white noise generator, to mask sound instead.
>>
>>313086
I wasn't serious. I just want to minimize the amount of noise going from one room, to the other.
the main issue is that I was told soundproof insulation would cause a problem leaving the room too hot, if this isn't the case then I will hire people to come and blow the walls with insulation.
>>
>>313087
When I *had* a basement (Denver), it being too warm wasn't an issue. That's where my computer sat.
>>
>>313098
Yea, I was in an unfinished basement (not this house) before and it was great, but it was an entire basement that was open, not a closed off room, i'm just worried that with only 1 vent in this room, and soundproof insulation in the walls that this room will be too hot during the summer.
i probably should have trimmed my OP to 'does insulating 4 walls for a room make it too hot' or 'does would Sound proof insulation leave a computer room too hot'
>>
what you need to put is glass wool between the walls of the basement and a durlock frame built around all the walls of the room you intent of sound-proofing. Have in mind tht you practically need to create another room inside the room you currently have, so it will be a little hotter than the rest of the basement, but unless you live in a really humid place it shouldn't be too bad
>>
>>313079
Building a room inside a room is how the pros do it. Leaving an air gap between the walls so sound can not travel any further. Also building floating walls.
You are right about the foam. It only helps reducing echo.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.