[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which Anime should I watch to introduce me into all of this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: metal_gear_anime.jpg (147KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
metal_gear_anime.jpg
147KB, 680x510px
To start off, I'll say that I've never even considered watching anime (unless you count Pokemon as a child). I'm an absolutely huge fan of the series "Metal Gear Solid" by Hideo Kojima and would think that an anime of similar quality would probably get me into all of that.

My question:

What do you Anons recommend? I feel like I've never given it a fair try but am willing to do so now.
>>
Boku no Pico
>>
Love Live! School Idol Project
>>
>>310793
>>310796

Hey, what are these about? Are they similar to MGS at all?
>>
>>310798
>Are they similar to MGS at all?

Very.
>>
>>310798
They're trollin'.

Try Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. It has a very MGS vibe when it comes to technology and conspiracy and characters.
>>
definitely Hataraku Maou-sama!
>>
>>310801

>Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

There we go, that's what I'm talking about. I'll definitely check this out. Is it a movie or a TV series?
>>
>>310805

I've never heard of this one either, but I'll look into it. You liked it?
>>
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (technology, cyberpunk, military, guns, action, philosophy)
Cowboy Bebop (cool mercenaries in a sci-fi setting)
Baccano (supernatural element with interesting/fun characters)
Black Lagoon (action, guns, etc)
Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team (military, mecha)
Seirei no Moribito (supernatural, great choreography, beautiful setting and art)
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (I guess this is the most similar to MGS's ridiculous aspects. It's fun)
>>
>>310807
Stand Alone Complex is a series with 2 seasons.
>>
>>310809

> That listing

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. I've added these to my list. I've always liked that futuristic, techno-stylized movies within military themes. I think those would probably be the perfect ones to help introduce me into this genre.
>>
>>310812
might also like Psycho-Pass
>>
>>310792
Try Gunslinger Girls too on top of this great list>>310809
>>310814
This too.
If you want to expand more on your preferences, let us know.
>>
Definitely start off with Cowboy Bebop and Ghost in the Shell.

Don't listen to anybody that tells you to watch Neon Genesis Evangelion, that's something you watch way down the line.

And this one is nothing like MGS, but might as well watch Initial D as it's extremely influential, and a great anime in general. You don't need to watch past Stage 3 though.
>>
>>310807 >>310812

Watch the Ghost in the Shell movie first then the sac series
also try Wonderful Days, Psycho Pass, Ergo Proxy and the Animatrix
>>
File: 1484920555487.jpg (107KB, 633x634px) Image search: [Google]
1484920555487.jpg
107KB, 633x634px
>this whole thread
Might as well just go to MyAnimeList and sort by rating
>>
>>310793
Only Slut Girl Collection made me cum more times in a row.
>>
Black Lagoon
>>
File: 1462875014905.jpg (32KB, 418x345px) Image search: [Google]
1462875014905.jpg
32KB, 418x345px
>>311033
dis be true. But popular doesn't mean all suit his taste. might as well yell him the ones he'll like out of them.
>>
>>310792
JoJo's Bizzare Adventure
>>
Tekkon Kinkreet and Dennou Coil
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.