[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

JoJo pretty much spoiled me in terms of action anime. I can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

JoJo pretty much spoiled me in terms of action anime. I can't find enjoyment in those anymore unless they're as stylish, over the top, funny, and creative as JoJo is.

I tried some anime that people generally recommend as "similar to JoJo" but none of them clicked with me.

I tried Gurren Lagann, but the action was super lackluster.

I tried Hokuto no Ken, but it was boring because it seemed like JoJo, minus all the humor and charm (and yes, I know it's a completely ass-backwards comparison since HnK was first, but fuck it).

I tried Kill La Kill, but the weirdly bad, budget animation turned me right the fuck off.

I tried HxH, but it was just another generic shonen.

Basically the only action show that managed to entertain me since I watched JoJo was New Getter Robo because it was pretty much equal to JoJo in terms of over the top stupidity and constant, unstoppable hype.

Seriously, where do I go from there? What do I watch? Help me guise.
>>
>>309642
Kekkai Sensen is quite stylish, over the top, and funny. Though it's not like Jojo.
>>
>>309642
>Anime only faggot
Read the manga.
Then you have 7 full parts and 1 still being written
instead of the 4 that they animated.
>>
>>309646
I mean I could, but the lack of color in the manga kinda destroys the experience for me. JoJo really looks gorgeous with all the color play and artistic filters DP adds to the sequences.
>>
>>309647
Not to mention lack of the kickass electronic soundtrack. The manga doesn't even compare for me.
>>
>>309650
you've probably never read a book in your life have you?
The manga is far superior to the anime.
>>
>>309653
I have read many books. However, if the adaptation of the book is vastly superior to the book itself, why shouldn't I choose the adaptation? And no, you can take your elitism elsewhere. You're not going to convince me to read the manga, instead of waiting a bit for a 100% faithful anime adaptation that's far superior audiovisually.

Now that we've got that out of the way, do you any other anime suggestions for me?
>>
>>309656
It isn't superior though.
The manga is drawn better, heck the 90's adaptation was drawn better, has more scenes that were cut.
It is a good adaptation but far from perfect.

But if your not into manga, here's my recommendations.

The seven deadly sins, on Netflix, Season 2 isn't season 2, is a couple mis-labelled ova's so don't watch season 2.
FLCL is a lot of fun.

For anime movies
Redline
Akira
The boy and the beast
>>
>>309665
From the shows, I've already seen all of them except for Seven Deadly Sins. From what I've seen, it seems like a typical, generic shonen. What's so special and "JoJo-like" about it?

From the movies, I only haven't seen the last one. It doesn't seem similar to JoJo, but it sounds interesting, so I might give it a go regardless.

Also, how in the hell is Akira anything like JoJo?
>>
>>309669
>Also, how in the hell is Akira anything like JoJo?
It's not.
But it's actiony and flashy.

Seven deadly sins is "Fanservice the anime" But the fights are fun and it's very colourful compared to a ton of anime, it also doesn't take itself seriously.
>>
>>309682
>Seven deadly sins is "Fanservice the anime" But the fights are fun and it's very colourful compared to a ton of anime, it also doesn't take itself seriously.

It might be worth checking out, then. Tell me, though - does season 1 end in a conclusive way? It's a dealbreaker for me.
>>
>>309684
it concludes everything ye.
It does leave room for a season 2, but is a complete story in 1 season.
>>
>>309685
Cool. I guess I know what I'm gonna watch next, then. Thanks for clearing that up for me (and the suggestions if you're the same anon).

Other suggestions are still welcome, though, if you have any.
>>
>>309686
Tbh I read more manga than watch anime.
And yes i'm the same anon.

Monster is good.
It's a faithful adaptation like Jojo's but it has almost nothing in common with Jojo's.
But I recommend it to anyone who wants to read it/ watch it.
>>
>>309688
>Monster is good.
I tried watching it, but gave up at the moment the doctor rescued that little boy who was being abused by his caretaker because it became pretty much an anime about them going from one place to another, not doing anything in particular that would progress the story in any way. I think the exact moment I stopped watching was when they met that old British couple who wanted to visit their son in prison. Would you say it's worth giving it another chance?
>>
>>309691
yes.
It gets good.
>>
>>309642
Try Toriko. It's pretty goofy shonen. Comes from the same guys who made Dragonball.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.