[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello photoshop masters. I was wondering if there is a way to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

File: example.png (54KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
example.png
54KB, 400x400px
Hello photoshop masters.
I was wondering if there is a way to make a gradient type effect transparent, if the original picture is opaque? Example in pic, up is the starting point, where this effect is black to white, and down is the desired point, where the gradient is now black transparent.
This is just an example pic
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (46KB, 448x284px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
46KB, 448x284px
You mean like this?
>>
File: ex2.png (31KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
ex2.png
31KB, 300x300px
>>308754
more like this
>>
>>308756

You mean afterwards?
If you don't have the layers you can only manually remove the black and then at the edges carefully try with a very soft big tip on the eraser to recreate the effect.
>>
>>308760
Yeah, after the effect is already placed. On a plain background, like full black or full white, not including the effect itself
>>
>>308754
actually it turns out i don't know how to do this, what did you do

>>308756
this post confused me even more that your first one
>>
File: flare-wallpaper-1.jpg (58KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
flare-wallpaper-1.jpg
58KB, 1920x1080px
>>308764
Words are hard and explaining is harderer
Let's take this random picture from the internet. If I asked for you to get rid of the black background and make it transparent, would you be able to? And how?
If it is not possible, I'll just let this thread die in peace
>>
>>308772
that depends on your view of when black finishes
iv'e seen people do a much better job on gimp than PS with this problem (cutting out around flames etc)
>>
File: profit.png (664KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
profit.png
664KB, 1920x1080px
>>308772
on gimp, colors -> color to alpha, select color you want to be transparent (black in this case)
hf
>>
File: 1176.png (893KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1176.png
893KB, 1920x1080px
just seeing what this looks like
>>
>>308784
ye thats what i remember
i was trying to do this on PS and someone did it so easy on gimp
>>
>>308784
Great! This is exactly what I was looking for!
I guess Gimp can surprise sometimes!
>>
>>308764

Use a layer mask. A mask is an alpha channel, white is full opacity, black is zero. Then go over this mask with the gradient tool from white to black.

>>308784
Yes in certain cases there is this. But sing a filter only produces good results in very specific cases, like black background with a bright object that does not contain any black.
The filter cannot distinguish between background black and black in your object, it just removes everything. If for example you have a white background and then an object that has a shining flash in it too then the filter will destroy the white in your object too. So in the end you are again left with manual deleting.
So keep in mind OP that this is no always solution, it works depending on context.
>>
File: Untitled-2.png (59KB, 504x288px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.png
59KB, 504x288px
>>308796

forgt pic
>>
>>308796
thank you
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.