[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone help get the wiring right on a Cat5e socket with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: JPEG_20170428_102728.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
JPEG_20170428_102728.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Can someone help get the wiring right on a Cat5e socket with green, orange, black, and yellow wires?
>>
>>308242
what is this being wired to? a lightbulb ?
>>
>>308249
To a wifi box
>>
>>308242
That's not CAT5.

That's not CAT-anything.

You can't run ethernet down any random cable; it has to be network cable, which that cable isn't (it looks like it's wiring for an intercom?)

Network wire is made of pairs of wires twisted together; it's these twists that cancel the noise and make the wire quiet enough to run a network over. This wire is not twisted and will not work.

You should give up on using this wire and use wifi instead.
>>
>>308242
It looks like it might be possible to use the wire you already have installed to fish a proper CAT5 wire through. Tape the CAT5 onto the wire very securely, then pull the other end of the wire until you pull the crap wire out the wall completely and the CAT5 has taken its place.

Cut off the bits you taped, and punch it onto sockets as normal.
>>
>>308357
When i have to remove it to put a new one it was using a black and yellow wire, it worked fine using it to make the wifi box work fine. I can assured that the old one was a cat5e and it was using the four wires to be used as a telephone socket.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.