[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Burial

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Coffin.png (6KB, 314x160px) Image search: [Google]
Coffin.png
6KB, 314x160px
So, this thought just came to my head, but I'm not too sure how the laws and regulations around it work. Here's my request: Can anyone find out and/or tell me if you are allowed to dig the grave of a family member yourself? I'm pretty sure that you would need your own land in order to do it, and have papers along with that, but what if it is one of those grave yards you see off the side of a street in your town or city? What kind of permission would you need in order to do that?

P.S. I know it is a weird question, but when my father passes soon, I want to be the one to dig his grave. It's the least I can do to repay him for all he's done for me.
>>
The laws and regulations depend on where you live. Since we don't know where you live, I don't know how you expect anyone to inform you.
>>
>>307681
I live in Texas, my friend
>>
You probably should establish a family cemetery if public cemetery is not suitable for you. I believe that is possible according to the laws of the State of Texas. You don't need to resort to the services of funeral homes.

You should secure the grave well so that the risk of vandalism and desecration will be very low. There are all kinds of bastards out there interested in graves. The last thing you want to see are pics of opened up grave in some social media site.

You should also mark the grave in a map very well, so that your grandchildren won't get too surprised while digging for the new flowerbed. I know a family up here in Northern State who found their great granddad that way. There were all sorts of suspicion around until it was finally figured out.
>>
>>307698
Thanks, you've been a huge help! :D
>>
http://www.cemeteries-of-tx.com/LAWS.htm
>A statement of death and a death certificate are legally required. Generally, local ordinances or deed restrictions prohibit private burials within city limits. Check with the State Health Department and local zoning authorities for applicable laws.

>grave yards you see off the side of a street in your town or city?
do you mean little memorials where people were killed?
>>
>>308012
>Generally, local ordinances or deed restrictions prohibit private burials within city limits.
That's why you establish a family cemetery.

http://www.txca.us/Frequently-Asked-Questions
> Can I bury on my own property?
>Yes. Contact your local health department for more information.

You don't need even a casket to legally bury a deceased person in Texas.
http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/burial-cremation-laws-texas.html
>No law requires a casket for burial. However, you should check with the cemetery; it may have rules requiring a certain type of container.

This is a burdening topic, and all the more reason to listen to the wishes of the relatives and the loved ones. Some coffin review brochure doesn't belong to this equation.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.