[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nyaa is dead, what are good irc channels for XDCC?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

Nyaa is dead, what are good irc channels for XDCC?
>>
#intel for general releases, #horriblesubs for seasonal releases. To make finding anime on them easy you'll want to go to something called a "packlist" site that lists all the bots and the packages (anime episodes) they offer. You can find them pretty easy by just googling "anime packlists".
>>
So, how is an IRC used to get anime, exactly? I want to get in on this as well since this is all anyone's talking about in the "nyaa shutdown" threads.
>>
What the hell happened to Nyaa? It was fine yesterday
>>
>>307533
You need an IRC client, it doesn't work through a browser interface. So first step is to download an IRC client. I use Hexchat (works on windows and linux, dunno about mac), but there's lots of options. Then you go to one of the channels where all the bots are, these bots are programmed to respond to requests and will initiate an XDCC download when given the right command (i.e. /msg bot-name xdcc pack #1234). This requires that you know the pack number and which bot to query, but most packlisting sites will automatically generate the correct command for you by clicking on the release you want, and you just copy it and paste it into the correct channel.
>>
>>307537
Their domain has been deactivated. Could be legal action, could be some other cause, but it's a very serious problem. It's very possible that Nyaa will never come back. They will more than likely try to rebuild the tracker on a new domain if the worst comes, but that could take a while. Better strap in and get comfy.
>>
File: 1470454118413.png (483KB, 529x470px) Image search: [Google]
1470454118413.png
483KB, 529x470px
>>307519
Can someone invite me to AB, I was trusted in nyaa and I have a seedbox.

Now that nyaa is dead idk where to go.

[email protected]
>>
>>307551
Begging for invites is not allowed. If you were actually trusted then you should have connections and somebody with an AB account who can invite you.
>>
File: 346475754436.png (137KB, 1920x974px) Image search: [Google]
346475754436.png
137KB, 1920x974px
>>307556
I was actually trusted and I know people that
have AB accounts but they don't want to invite me because
>muh fear of being banned

I uploaded anime songs in hi-res from mora.jp, just yesterday I uploaded a hi-res collection of all the jojo's openings.
>>
>>307563
you do realize that it doesn't matter? You can't beg for invites. AB mods hang around these threads, that email is probably banned by now
>>
>>307563
They won't invite you because you are held responsible for the conduct of anyone you invite. If they break the rules and get banned you are also banned. They have to trust you a lot to invite you, that's why invites are normally only given out to people you can trust and know personally. If your friends don't trust you enough to invite you then there's either a really good reason they don't trust you (you're not reliable) or they're not really very good friends.
>>
>>307547
Got it set up, bless you.
>>
>>307584
IRC won't have anything, and it'll be slower to grab entire series, but this will have to do in the meantime if you don't have access to private trackers.
>>
>>307550
>very serious
Nope, this happens every couple of years. The owner shut it down himself and they're just changing up the domain. Give it a week or two.
>>
File: image.jpg (179KB, 750x738px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
179KB, 750x738px
>>307827
>Just changing the domain
Which is why the domain registrar has begun the process to terminate the registration early amirite
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.