[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Picture Site

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1444885020646.jpg (33KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1444885020646.jpg
33KB, 512x512px
I need a website thats quick to upload a picture to show someone but also disable saving the picture so it can be shown but not kept.
>>
>>305918
>I want to send someone a picture but for them to then not have it.
Ask Snapchat, DVD CSS, Macrovision, BD CSS, Netflix, Amazon Video, YouTube, iTunes, Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo how that's working out.
>>
File: untitled.jpg (37KB, 538x363px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
37KB, 538x363px
>>305918
not possible. whatever you do, people will be able to just screenshot the page then save that
>>
>>305921
This.

Or more specifically, the picture will go through the browser's cache in order to be shown, so if you know what you're doing, you can always save it from cache. Or you can always sniff it with wireshark or w/e.

Even if you use an array of techniques that make it very inefficient and uncomfortable for the users, there's always printscreen. For example, there was this japanese site called yahoo comics. You could only access the comics with internet explorer and flash - it had an activex and flash combination that made it impossible to save from cache (because the images were hardcoded in encrypted swfs) and made it impossible to screenshot (through activex).

So I, who needed the images to scanlate, using Linux, went to the site through a virtual machine with XP, and used the linux screenshot tool instead of the VM XP one to save the images. Same could've been done with, say, two computers and VNC.

tl;dr: any information being relayed through the internet, no matter how obfuscated, will be able to be saved one way or another.
>>
>>305945
Well, VNC probably wouldn't have been able to get the image out the activeX control, same way printscreen wasn't able to.

Remote Desktop hooks the graphic stack at a much lower level, but it makes no attempt to disguise itself, so the plugin could detect it and lock out.
>>
>>305956
If virtualbox, which is what I used to defeat activex, could, then I'm pretty sure VNC could too.
>>
>>305945
and even if the computer had magic perfect software that absolutely prevented all screenshots and workarounds...
they could still just take an old-fashioned photograph of the screen

it's impossible to send something to an end-user and reliably prevent them from keeping it
>>
>>305959
No, VNC is a remote desktop solution that runs inside the host OS and on Windows works, essentially, by printscreening all the time and compressing the images into a video.

Are you perhaps thinking of VMWare?
>>
>unsee.cc
might work for what you want, if >>305921 isnt an issue
bare in mind that unless the pic is deleted it can still be "downloaded" in almost original form

>t. done that
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.