[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best gaming laptop for a budget of 1000-2000$?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Depositphotos_1247417_S.jpg (115KB, 782x640px) Image search: [Google]
Depositphotos_1247417_S.jpg
115KB, 782x640px
I would like it to have an SSD drive, the main focus is for gaming but it doesn’t have to be a “gaming laptop”. Many of the games I play are Secondary Memory and CPU intensive. I’d like to order it online although buying in person is not a problem, I live in Canada.
>>
>>304991
First of all, why a laptop instead of a desktop?

If you need a laptop for other things, be it work or school, and your budget is 2000$, you might as well buy a desktop with 75%-80% of that money that would be more than 5 times more powerful than a gaming laptop with the same price, and with rest of the money buy a cheap laptop like a chromebook to do your portable things
>>
>>305008
Two fold issue:
1) I travel a good deal, moving a desktop with me is not impossible, but the risk of it getting damaged and the pain of setting it up every time I move would be high.
I basically live out of two duffel bags and a backpack.
2) My work involves using my laptop for fairly high-intensity tasks, granted my current laptop is still handling those fine so I could just hold onto it and spent the money on a desktop but I'd rather not.

TL;DR: Possible but it would be a pain.

If gaming laptops are truly a bad idea then I will acquiesce, but I would prefer them.
>>
>>305008
>>305058
I misread your statement, if it's seriously that much more powerful then would you mind giving a couple examples of each?
>>
>>305059
He's just wrong.

He hasn't been keeping up with technology, and doesn't realise that laptop GPUs are the same as desktop GPUs now.
>>
>>305147
you can build a desktop with a gtx060 with 800$. A laptop with a gtx1060 is upwards of 1300$.
The difference between a laptop with a 1080 and a desktop is more than double the price
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.