[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello tech savy people. I have a problem and the solution is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: download.png (9KB, 261x193px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
9KB, 261x193px
Hello tech savy people.

I have a problem and the solution is just around the corner.

1 day ago I moved some files to the Recycle bin.

Today I updates my Windows 8.1, and the update made a fatal error, forcing me to 'refresh' my computer. I accomplished this by pressing F8, went into troubleshoot, and called the ''refresh' function.

It explicitly stated that all files will be there again etc. etc, just refreshing n shit, and it did not mention anything about cleaning the recycle bin. I was like, fuck yeah, lets do this shit!

After the refresh, the computer got back into working, but the recycle bin was empty.

So, I started to research, where ''deleted'' (items merely moves to the recycle bin) are stored. Because after the refresh, I have a huge file called ''Windows.old'', it is pretty much the old state of the Windows, and I believe I can find the deleted files there.

>Where do deleted files go in Windows 8.1?
>How to find them inside the computer without actually looking into the bin?

Please, someone help me.
>>
File: Untitled.png (20KB, 522x303px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
20KB, 522x303px
I tried typing this line ''file:///C:/$Recycle.Bin/'' inside the browser, and it showed me the currently deleted files. How to achieve the same thing but through the windows.old file?

It is located inside the (C:) drive.

I gave myself a permission to see sensitive, hidden system files, and when I open the Windows.old all I see is this.

I tried to search it for (.bin) files, but nothing came up that has been created in the last few days.

Those deletes files were created a few days ago.
>>
Any chance you remember the filename and search for it in C:?

Also are you sure the files aren't in their original directory before you deleted them now?
>>
>>304719
Tried searching for it. No results.

Also, i saved the files on desktop and dragged them straight to the bin.

The bin still had them in there, before the update crashed my computer.

Cant seem to find the file where the bin files are located for the Windows.old
>>
i might be wrong but i dont think windows moves the recycle bin folders to windows.old on updates
your best bet would be visiting all the recycle bin folders inside the c:\$recycle.bin and check there for the files (you can accomplish this using the console, there are ways of disabling the explorer custom view desktop.ini hijack, look that up if you want). with a bit of luck windows has just assigned a new recycle bin folder for your user profile and the old one is still there
gl
>>
Kekkonen. The solution was very simple.

>chrome
>in url type: c:\$recycle.bin
>go to Windows.old
>go to $Recycle.Bin

all stuff is still there.
>>
>>304867
>chrome
>c:\$recycle.bin
wooooah
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.