[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Assignment about int. relationships affecting self concept

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: I hate my life..jpg (942KB, 1999x1499px) Image search: [Google]
I hate my life..jpg
942KB, 1999x1499px
I'm supposed to choose an interpersonal relationship or event that has affected my self-concept/identity, schema, approach to relationships, communication style, or something else important about myself.

I don't like to get personal when it comes to my assignments... So can someone help me out by giving some Ideas on what I can make up? My professor gave me some questions to help get started:

-Describe the image in your mind that comes up when you read this assignment.
-List five emotions that come up when you think about this relationship or event.
-What is it about this relationship/event/person that affects you so much?
-How has it impacted your self-concept/identity?
-Who would you be without this relationship/event/person?
>>
Holy fucking shit OP, are you majoring in humanities or are they making everyone do this at your school? Is this a community college?
>>
And they wonder why women do better at university... This isn't even a real assignment, it's just a bullshit diary entry that most men will have no tolerance for.
>>
>>303999
im majoring in psych, this class is not part of my major, that's all i'll say.
>>
>>304001
*shruggs*... welp, I can't deny that
>>
>>304004

au contraire, anon, I think this is very related to your major. At least for undergrad, this will probably the the bulk of what you get, and it's what most of your classmates want from the degree.

Are most of them female? I would guess so, or at least, that's statistically average.
>>
>>304007
It's related to my major, but it isn't required to take in order to get a degree in psych. That's what I meant. Yeah, most of my classmates are female, the professor is even a female as well. Can someone please help...
>>
>>303997
>I don't like to get personal when it comes to my assignments... So can someone help me out by giving some Ideas on what I can make up? My professor gave me some questions to help get started:

company i worked for. manager was cool, but he liked to buy out smaller companies in the same field that were failing. we ended up with one manager and six assistant managers who had all recently been in charge, and they didn't like it.

one of them had the unfortunate habit of insulting everyone. we were all "stupid" according to this guy, no matter how well we did things. within a few days he was the most hated person in the place, and i personally felt that maybe he was right, maybe i was an idiot and i should try to work harder to gain his respect.

nope. i got fired a few days later for refusing one of his orders, to do something stupid and dangerous with a forklift.

my self-confidence took a hit back then, but i think i've recovered. everyone i told about the stupid and dangerous forklift thing agreed with me, so there's that.
>>
>>304010
Ffffffuck me.. I forgot to say that the outcome has to be "positive" or "empowering" because my fucking sjw of a professor is all about positivity... But this actually gives me an idea on what to write about so I thank you.
>>
I'd still like to hear more ideas so I have more options. This is an assignment that leads to a project.
>>
>>304014
>>304020

You should add a trip so people can't use your name to troll, but only use it in this thread
>>
ok.
>>
I still encourage people to share any experiences or ideas.
>>
>>304007
There are two Psychologys: there's the real actual science, which is about numbers and methodology and drilling holes in dogs mouths, then there's social-science-psychology, which is all arty-farty and fluffy and generally non-accredited.

If you're getting assignments like this, it's a clear warning that you're doing the wrong psychology. You should probably get out while you can, because if you don't like it now, you still won't like it two years later.
>>
>>304057
Right: I am the (You) in this post and I admittedly have respect for people like Piaget, but I'm skeptical of modern university psychology programs full of touchy-feely personal meaning feminist types who will give you a worthless bachelor's because that's what's in demand (what the bulk of students are capable of) and the university is all too willing to supply for $20,000 a year
>>
>>304014
i felt empowered after i was fired, because four of my co-workers quit in sympathy and we went to a pool-hall afterwards and bitched about the guy.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.