[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want recommendations of Top Tier anime/manga

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

Not just any animes/mangas, but the best of the best, the Dostoyevsky equivalent of them

Do they exist?
>>
>>303706
>animes
is not 'animes' but anime.
prob:
Akira (manga+anime), Gits 1995 movie, Evangelion+EoE, 20th Century Boys (manga), Berserk (manga), Paprika (movie) and Ghibli's

for movies maybe
2001 Space Odyssey, Alien, Fight Club, Inception, Full Metal Jacket

for book maybe
Dune, David Foster Wallace Infinite Jest, Siddhartha, Lolita, Gravity's Rainbow
>>
File: Tequila-joseph.jpg (46KB, 604x340px) Image search: [Google]
Tequila-joseph.jpg
46KB, 604x340px
>>303706
Need I say more?
>>
>>303706
Warau Salesman, Digimon Bokura no War Game (you need to know about Digimon S1 but it's almost minimal), everything >>303712 said, Bebop
>>
>>303706
wew lad you sound like a fag
>>
>>303740
no, he >>303720 sounds like a fag
>>
File: No 5 intro.jpg (958KB, 2350x1217px) Image search: [Google]
No 5 intro.jpg
958KB, 2350x1217px
>>303706
You think this will change the answers? Everybody will just post his favorite anime/manga like always. But then again, you are probably just memeing.
>>
>>>/trash/8965985
>>
Goshiki no Fune
>>
>>303706
Anything Digimon related is shit tier

Anime:
Samurai Champloo
Black Lagoon
Psycho-Pass
Michiko to Hatchin
Zankyou no Terror
Steins;Gate

Manga:
Claymore
Deadman Wonderland
Tokyo Ghoul (don't you dare go near the anime)
MPD Psycho
Soul Eater (kind of a guilty pleasure)
>>
>>304035
>samurai champloo but not bebop
you CANNOT list one without the other
>>
>>303706
Ideon Be Invoked is the best anime movie I've seen, the Ideon series isn't bad but it's a bit long and until ideon starts being a planetary threat it feels like it's on repeat for a few episodes. Don't forget to skip the last episode of the series as well.
>>
What I would recommend
>berserk (manga and 90s anime)
>VOTOMS and Mellowlink
>maybe Gundam
>Serial Experiments Lain
>LotGH
>Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo
>Lodoss
>Ghost in the Shell (films only)
>Initial D
>Slayers
>Outlaw Star
>Ranma 1/2
>Hokuto no Ken
>Akira
some of the shonen I put in I just really personally like. Of the anime which have manga counterparts, most are worth reading.
>>
>>303706
Gits SAC season 1
Nausica
Kemono no Souja
Saraiya Goyou
Mushishi Season 1
Kuuchuu Buranko
Gilgamesh
Seirei no Moribito
Perfect Blue
Bebop
Ping Pong
Haibane Renmei
NHK
Juuni Kokuki
Mononoke (TV)
Cross Game
Hyouge Mono
Texhnolyze
Casshern Sins
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou (manga)
Oyasumi Punpun
Solanin
Kozure Ookami
>>
File: rurouni-kenshin.jpg (248KB, 615x384px) Image search: [Google]
rurouni-kenshin.jpg
248KB, 615x384px
>>303706
Maybe a description will help you decide.

Rurouni Kenshin. Japan was changing after the shogun era and samurais became errand vagabonds, this anime tells the story of many such individuals. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il__fArr3nA
Fullmetal Alchemist (+ Conqueror of Shambala). The original series depicts a version of its own, a tale of tragedy and powers beyond our science, our dreams, and our nightmares.
Cardcaptor Sakura. The magical girl that inherits a zodiac of powers, also has to catch them all before they run rampant.
Sailor Moon. Main character is the reincarnation of a moon princess, battles the forces that killed her while trying to maintain a personal life.
Slayers. In a world ruled by magic, Rina Inverse is a traveling wizard looking for fame and fortune, then he met Gaudi, who possess an incredible weapon, and some very powerful enemies.
Yu Yu Kakusho. A student killed in a car accident is given a second chance, he must stop supernatural entities breaking into our world, but the an ever increasing powerful groups are more than a challenge.
Sola. Between romance and drama this can be quite sad and shocking about a boy and a girl, can't ell you much without spoilers but the supernatural part plays a role of getting in between the story of its characters.
Robotech (the saga by Harmony Gold). Epic space opera, consider watching the Harmony Gold version, there is so much going on for particular characters who are part of a major event but never for a minute you lose grip of love story or the action. With the invasion of aliens the only hope for mankind is an alien ship that crash landed years ago.
Saint Seiya. The legendary saga of Athena and her warriors is a cosmic fight here on earth. Mystical powers and a good plot is a classic you must not miss.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.