[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help with lock picking?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
I know some will use lock picking for evil? But tonight I set my new lock, and tried testing it. I fucked up the combo and now can't figure this out. Anyone know how I open this easily? It has a number on the bottom of the package says "165-5005" but I believe there is another number which seems to be 4. Any tips or tricks from my lock picking friends???
>>
I don't think your going to be able to pick anything if it's a combo lock

Can you maybe crack open the casing? You would be able to tell the combo from inside and you could just put it back together with the right tools

If not then your only other real option is to try and guess the code by shit hardware.
I'm not sure if you start at the top or the bottom of the combination so try both. Go through 0-9 on the top or bottom and tug the lock part at each number. If it becomes loser than the others record that number and continue going along numbers. Then set it to the number that made the lock feel the loosest and start working on the 2nd number. Keep going and maybe it will work
>>
>>302795
Is there even a hole to pick,or is it just a combo lock? If this is your lock, start with 0,0,0,1 then upwards.
In an hours time you will have the combo.
Try 3580 for my guess
>>
>>302795
Picking it won't help you with using it in the future. Tell the truth Jamal.

>>302807
That's about all you can do at this point.
Try 7529
>>
>>302844
try my digits
>>
1 go by feel high tension to the u part of the lock well tuning the dials trying to find one that is harder to turn then the rest once you found the dial that is binding continue to rotate until you feel release and repeat for the other three dials. 2 If you have a feeler gage or cut a soda can you can shim the lock by inserting a piece of metal on both end of the u part of the lock. 3 insert the pick on the righthand side of any of the dials and pry up.
>>
>>302807
>In an hours time you will have the combo.
5 seconds per combination x 10,000 = 833 minutes, desu.
>>
>>302882
Yeah, but it's 0.5 seconds, or less.

This is real life, not Surgeon Simulator.

>>302795
Those are shit locks, and you shouldn't be using them in the first place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STU8zHZROTQ
>>
>>302908
>0.5 seconds
If you can maintain an average of 0.5 seconds per combination for more than a minute, I'd be surprised.
>>
>>302935
All you're doing is turning the wheels whilst pulling the shackle. You don't even look at the bottom wheel, you just spin it 360.

This is not an expensive, precise lock.

You're looking at around two seconds for each spin of the bottom wheel, so 1000*2/60 = half an hour.
>>
>>302944
>1000
>>
>>302985
10*10*10 is 1000, genius.
>>
>>302989

That sure is correct, but what does it have to do with anything here?
>>
>>302795
have you checked youtube ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfsDMKkk26k
>>
File: 4L_P1UlucqP.png (796KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
4L_P1UlucqP.png
796KB, 1366x768px
>>303008
Apply yourself.

It'll come to you if you stop being a massive retard.
>>
>>302989
10*10*10*10 (four tumblers) is 10,000.
>>
>>302989
>>303284
Actually, it's 9s (1-9, not 0-9) so 9*9*9*9 = 6,561.
>>
>>303284
How many tumblers does this lock have, that aren't the bottom one?
>>
File: image.jpg (83KB, 1112x289px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83KB, 1112x289px
>>303285
>not 0
Do you need help with your brain?
>>
>>303286
Jesus fucking christ, son.
>set all tumblers to "0". What's the number? 0.
>set all tumblers to "9". What's the number? 9999.
How many possible numbers between 0 and 9,999?
>>303289
I didn't look.
>>
>>303301
What does that have to do with anything here?
>>
>>303309
I'm at a loss as to how to explain this to you in simpler terms.
>>
>>303312
I don't want to patronise you by telling you to read the fucking thread, particularly as you've done such a sterling job so far, but as you're no doubt aware from actually reading the thread before posting irrelevant shit in it, you can scan the entire bottom tumbler in roughly two seconds by applying moderate tension to the shackle and rotating the tumbler through 360 degrees. You don't need to look, and you don't need to let go of the tumbler whilst turning it, because this is a cheap shitty lock.

Now, if you take your 10,000 numbers, and divide that by five numbers per second, would it surprise you to find that the number of seconds you get is one thousand times two?
>>
>>303316
I would recommend starting with the tumbler nearest the top of the lock, since you're likely to feel more "give" when you get the right digit because that's nearest to where you're apply pulling force.
>>
>>302795
Return the bike Tyrone
>>
File: 4L_a5slLm8m.jpg (77KB, 375x250px) Image search: [Google]
4L_a5slLm8m.jpg
77KB, 375x250px
>>303472
Even really cheap locks tend to use a locking bar and sear to stop you directly tensioning the tumblers and thereby decoding them.

All you're doing is setting three of the tumblers to every combination, and turning the other one slowly enough for the locking bar to fall in if the other three are correct.
>>
File: 4L_W9LdzCpL.jpg (140KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
4L_W9LdzCpL.jpg
140KB, 1024x683px
>>303472
This is the only design of lock I've seen where you can apply tension directly to the tumblers and decode them. Most padlock designs won't let you do that, because the shackle doesn't interact with the tumblers directly.
>>
File: tumblerLock.jpg (28KB, 639x405px) Image search: [Google]
tumblerLock.jpg
28KB, 639x405px
>>303522
>>303523
If the tumblers are mounted perpendicular to the shackle, I agree with you. But I have personally solved locks like this one using that technique.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.