[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have some large 4k files that are about 3gb each. Whenever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

I have some large 4k files that are about 3gb each. Whenever I try to delete them it makes windows explorer basically unusable. No thumbnails and sidebars don't load. It also gets stuck at "Recycling" window. I also can't right click them. Anyone know what to do?
>>
>>302679
Holding shift vapourises them instead of sending them to the recycle bin.

You could also use a command prompt.
>>
File: explorer_2017-04-23_19-47-50.png (63KB, 416x246px) Image search: [Google]
explorer_2017-04-23_19-47-50.png
63KB, 416x246px
>>302680
It still gets stuck with shift and cmd can't find the files.
>>
>cmd can't find the files
drag and drop the file onto the cmd window (with admin privileges, windows + x, press a) then press home and write "delete " before that. you might want to kill explorer.exe in task manager before running the command
>>
>>302701
>windows + x, press a
actually since its win7 that wont work, but if admin permission is required start cmd in admin mode using the context menu
>>
File: thgdh.gif (92KB, 1013x331px) Image search: [Google]
thgdh.gif
92KB, 1013x331px
>>302704
>>302701
dragging them in doesn't do anything
>>
>>302724
Oh well no mouse in the gif woops but it's me dragging them in
>>
>>302679
Delete in safe mode.
>>
>>302724
never seen that happen, it should paste the full filename (escaped quoted path) into the console
is the path to the files too large?
how about running chkdsk during boot?
>>
>>302679
i've found that windows sometimes gets confused while trying to delete images. i use a graphic shell like acdsee or irfanview to delete pics, and that usually works.
>>
>>302679

Run a live linux session and delete the files
>>
>>303140
Personally, I wouldn't trust Linux's reverse-engineered NTFS driver to mount the filesystem read/write, let alone delete 20GB, but each to his own.
>>
File: dwm_2017-04-24_16-55-54.png (30KB, 544x123px) Image search: [Google]
dwm_2017-04-24_16-55-54.png
30KB, 544x123px
>>302902
irfanview crashes when I try to select the file
>>
>>303217
Dude, just learn to use DOS. It's time to stop putting it off.

<windows key>-r
cmd.exe
cd \path\to\files
del *.mp4

You don't have to type the path to the files, you can just type the first few letters then press tab.
>>
File: cmd_2017-04-24_18-19-31.png (338KB, 1243x647px) Image search: [Google]
cmd_2017-04-24_18-19-31.png
338KB, 1243x647px
>>303233
It is still doing the thumbnail thing but I'll give it a bit longer to see if it works
>>
>>303259
after closing explorer it worked
Thank you

any idea why the files were getting stuck?
>>
>>303264
Because Microsoft Windows
>>
>>303264
explorer trying, and failing, to load the preview/thumbnail of the file (which requires codec file loading and video decoding of the first few frames), would be my guess but its hard to determine now
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.