[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright fellas, what is this werid ribbon wire and where does it go?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: 20170422_222856.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170422_222856.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Alright fellas, what is this werid ribbon wire and where does it go?
>>
what do you need to connect with that cable? floppy drive, hdd or dvd drive?
>>
File: 20170422_225353.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170422_225353.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>302187
I do not kow what these are suppose to connect to. I assume that both ends are suppose to be connected somewhere on this circuit board. I only know what these "MSI Grapics Card Quick Users Guide" tells me. I assume these ribbon wires are item #3 on the "Packaged Content" list but I do not know by what name it is referred to in the instructions.

My first assumption was that the black end goes in the vertical slot just under and slightly to the left of that bundle of rainbow wires. That vertical slot where it says "Sata 2" vertically. But then I don't know where the blue end goes.

This is suppose to be a ready-to-use computer but these weird ribbon wires confound me

On their plastic wrapper it says "GIGABYTE P/N: 12CF-D133-61R" if that helps at all.
>>
ide connector. no need if you have all sata drives.
>>
File: 1492892476503.jpg (94KB, 836x594px) Image search: [Google]
1492892476503.jpg
94KB, 836x594px
>>302203
>>
>>302182
It's for older hard drives or optical drives. If you don't have the old kind of drives that use those cables, you don't need it.
>>
>>302203
OP here. So I do not need this werid ribnon wire to make this computer work?
>>
>>302211
Probably not if you just bought all new parts made within the last decade.
>>
File: hddinstall_idesata.jpg (47KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
hddinstall_idesata.jpg
47KB, 500x375px
>>302211
I'm impressed that you can still find a motherboard that provides an IDE hookup.

I suppose they did hang on for DVD/CD-ROM (and maybe even Blue ray) for quite awhile after they stopped using them for Hard Drives, but like they said, if you've nothing to plug it into, ya don't need it.

Man those things were a pain... Though the damned SATA's tend not to stay in, save with some of the tweaked variants that don't always play nice with some skinnier devices.
>>
OP here. Thanks for the help team. Now I just have to find the cd rom.
>>
>>302182
Next thread like this is going to have a 3.5" disk as pic related, asking what it is and why it looks like the Save icon.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.