[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any Yu-Gi-Oh! experts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

Hey guys, /co/ here
I've been hanging around this guy who's recently opened up a hobby stand in a marketplace pretty close to my house
He markets himself as kind of a sports collectibles/rare coins or silver shop, but in the last two weeks 50% or more of his sales has come from either Yu-Gi-Oh! or Pokémon cards

Half an hour ago, a guy came in who was super knowledgeable about magic and sold him about 150 cards for $20
And we're running out of ygo stock fast, lotta teens coming in picking up 5-10 cards which are mostly priced 50 cents or a dollar
So I got to thinking, what if I buy ygo cards myself, sell them to this guy for double or maybe more, and he can keep having a good stock

I figured the most profitable way for me to do it was to buy $8 decks + a pack from a local shop I go to, but anyone have any other suggestions or tips?

Some other relevant info
>I'm in my young 20s and he's in his late 20s
>He's not that knowledge about non sports items, but he's leaning about Pokémon EXs because they sell well
>He also sells 80s comics, which is what got me to stop at the shop the first time
>I made a few sales for him the other day, he bought me lunch
>>
Those cards are probably priced 0.50 - 1.00 because they're actually rare. You probably won't get much for a bunch of cards that are currently widely available.
>>
Best way is to find generation one cards. It's very unlikely, but they sell for a very high price.
>>
File: Unbenannt.jpg (80KB, 990x527px) Image search: [Google]
Unbenannt.jpg
80KB, 990x527px
>>301889
each one of those cards in the pic you posted are probably worth 50-300$
>>
File: 1492888660650.jpg (454KB, 985x1505px) Image search: [Google]
1492888660650.jpg
454KB, 985x1505px
>>301889
the code bottom right from the portrait is what determines where the cards originate and how much they're worth
>>
>>301928
No, he doesn't sell anything in the shop for less then 50 cents. Except gum and shitty prequel Star Wars cards

>>302330
I got the pic from google, my mistake if you thought otherwise
>>
A majority of Yugioh cards don't go past 10 or so bucks, and those are "rare". Your best bet is to figure out what's currently big in the meta and go after that. Right now Dimensional Barrier is pretty hot, but ban is incoming soon so it's price will drop. The highest I've seen an easy to get and sell card go is like 150, back in Dragon Rulers, and it plummeted after reprints and bans changed the meta. Basically keep up with the meta, and buy boxes, and you can do alright. You can also try and trick him with secret and ghost rares, although some ghosts are worth quite a bit, especially if short printed. Basically find a set with a good current meta card and buy a box, usually around 70-130 dollars or so, and pull. It's gambling, but you can do a lot to tilt things in your favorite like weighing packs to see if they have foils in them, and knowing rarity distribution chances.
>>
>>302412
Same anon, just following up. I'm not an expert in selling Yugioh cards I've just been in the game for a long time and I've bought a fair amount of cards. Another way to go about doing things is to figure out what's going to be big by following Japanese releases and trends. It's much more of gamble but can lead to a much better payout. Basically you wanna guess what random old cards are suddenly gonna be hot after a shift in the meta, and the time to do that is now. The games about to completely change formats and is introducing Link Summoning and this is gonna make a lot of older cheap cards suddenly worth a lot as people will want them in their new decks. With some research you can figure out which old cards to buy in bulk, hold on to them, and them sell once their price rises.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.