[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Way late to the anime party. Any recommendations or must sees?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: gits_1995_poster[3].jpg (410KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
gits_1995_poster[3].jpg
410KB, 1280x768px
Way late to the anime party. Any recommendations or must sees? So far my favorites have been ghost in the shell, paprika and the ghibli movies. Not really sure where to look for more.
>>
Akira.
>>
>>301792

Loved it! Also loved cowboy bebop.

Am I just running out of the must-sees? Or are there some lists that I'm not finding.
>>
>Paprika
Go watch ALL Satoshi Kon's movies. You'll love them.

There's an essential chart somewhere but I don't have with me right now, so help yourself by googling "anime essential chart" or something. Have fun watching!
>>
>>301791
Hey, anon! What kind of genres are you interested in? Action, mystery, etc.?
>>
>>301832

Mystery, I think. I also loved Colorful, Your Name, the girl who leapt through time and wolf children, but I wouldn't know how to classify those as far as a genre goes.
>>
>>301828

Thank you! I've found some of those lists and I'll look into his other projects.
>>
>>301791
evangelion + end of evangelion movie
>>
File: 1399484343326.jpg (880KB, 1642x2369px) Image search: [Google]
1399484343326.jpg
880KB, 1642x2369px
Must sees:
>Neon Genesis Evangelion + EoE
Even if people still debate on its quality, its influence on the industry is unquestionable. Series being made today still reference it.
>The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Same as above, except younger.

Personal recomendations:
I'll just list them, you decide if you'd like to watch them; you're a human being with a functional brain and you're fully able of deciding what you want to watch or not. These are the ones I have come to like over the years.
Hellsing Ultimate, K-On!, Ergo Proxy, Welcome to the NHK, Black Lagoon, Spice and Wolf, Berserk, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Eve no Jikan, Jormungand, Sabagebu!, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita, Serial Experiments Lain, Jin-Roh, Saint Young Men, Kino no Tabi, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Space Brothers, Hibike! Euphonium, Elfen Lied (it's shit, but still), Working!!, Non Non Biyori, Stratos 4, Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou, Gakkou Gurashi!, Prison School, Haibane Renmei, Oregairu, Heavy Object, One Punch Man, Planetes (great), Sakuraku san no ashimoto [...], Toradora!, Minami-ke, Servant X Service, Konosuba, Boku dake ga inai machi, Koukaku no Pandora, Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, She and Her Cat, Flying Witch, Re:Zero, Planetarian, Orange, New Game!, Amaama to Inazuma, Amanchu!, 3-gatsu no Lion, Little Witch Academia, Youjo Senki, BECK

For the more experienced viewer (meaning you'll miss on a lot of stuff if you're not used to the lingo and stuff):
Lucky Star, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Monogatari Series, Nichijou, Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu, Seitokai Yakuindomo.

And if you're interested in following currently airing series, you just need anichart and nyaa torrents.
>>
>>301853

Thank you so much! I hate asking to be spoonfed but I'm such an outsider to anime that I didn't really know where to begin, outside of the easy ones that pop up when you google "best anime".

This'll keep me busy for a long while. Thanks everyone
>>
If you're looking for similar stuffs (easy to get into + high production value):
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
Black Jack Ova & movie

If you want to see if those moe cute girl shows that /a/ mostly watch is your cup of tea try Cardcaptor Sakura or K-on.

Technically original Gundam & Macross are the real must sees for better understanding the history of the culture and animation but I don't think you want to go that deep.
>>
>>301857
heres an average top 10 "must watch"

evangelion + end of evangelion
cowboy bebop + movie
full metal alchemist brotherhood
the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya + movie
samurai champloo
mushishi
trigun (gurrenn lagann is also worth mention)
flcl
berserk (+ 3rd golden arc movie)
monster (urasawa naoki)

a few personal recs

samurai x trust and betrayal
welcome to the nhk
ping pong the animation
prison school
akira
>>
>>301791
Ninja Scroll and old Berserk
>>
>Ghost in the Shell
>Ghibli
Dennou Coil
>>
Death Note and Code Geass.
Not the best ones out there but definitely shows that i would give the title "must watch"

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

pretty much the only good important anime i havent seen mentioned in this thread yet. i would personally call it one of the best if not the best "horror" anime out there.
>>
This is now a meetup thread. anyone in the chicago area?
>>
>>301791
Konosuba
>>
>>301791
Ergo Proxy
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.