[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Windows Updates

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Windows-10-logo.jpg (42KB, 645x484px) Image search: [Google]
Windows-10-logo.jpg
42KB, 645x484px
Just a question for fellow Windows 10 users, how have last week's updates affected you, if at all? I want to know whether or not to let it update (I have it on metered connection right now because I've heard people are having problems with them).
>>
>>299571
Bump
>>
The resolution on my dell monitor looked a bit different but other than that it's seems to be all the same.
>>
>>299571
I have windows updates turned off for more than one year already, since they most often cause problems than fix stuff and my windows 10 works perfectly, I see no reason to have windows updates on
>>
>>299637
OP here. I already block auto-updates (though since I use the home version of the OS I had to get a little 'creative' to do it, hence my reference to Metered Connection). My question is whether or not to download the updates from this past week, as I have read some bad reports about them.
>>
>>299571
It wont install for me. Tried it and the thing was going for 6 fucking hours so I decided to just shut it off, gave it a second try the next day and left it on all night and after 14+ hours it had only gone up 3% more than the last attempt.
>>
>>299571
It removed my MS Office crack. Fucking computer jews
>>
>>299722
That's concerning.

Though they might not have rolled out to me yet, as I checked my settings and it said I'm up to date.
>>
>>299571
Bump
>>
>>299571
Bump again
>>
>>299571
Bump again, because I don't nearly have enough responses to form an accurate conclusion of what will happen.
>>
>>299652
How do you auto-block (isn't there an option for it), or how does that metered connection works? Any particular place where you check how sensitive or mal-functioning some updates can be?

Sorry I'm not being of help and instead just asking questions on your thread. It's just that I haven't looked into anything of this yet, and I feel I should know more.
>>
>>299571
I haven't noticed much.
- there's a "night light" option, but it appears to dynamically scan your screen to adjust the brightness which is concerning.
- none of my privacy settings seem to have changed.
- Defender now has an opt-in "scan apps and files" feature that apparently checks your executables against a database.
- my touchpad gestures stopped working, and I had to reinstall the driver.
- there's a new program called Paint 3D. It's next-level doodling. AFAIK you cannot edit the vertices of whatever 2D doodle you extrude, which of course means this isn't giving Blender a run for its money (especially since Blender is free).
>>
>>300252
Need not bump more than once a day, OP. We're a slow board.

Fwiw, my mum's w10 laptop has metered connection on 99% of the time too. Fucking 'software as a service' bullshit. I wouldn't use w10 if ms paid me. She heard about the recent update from a tech-savvier fellow senior citizen and asked me to install it. No word yet as to whether it fucked anything, though no news is good news.

Thanks for reminding me to turn metered connection back on.
>>
>>300283
OP here. My understanding is that metered connection minimizes the amount of internet-using things happening in the background on your computer. Among other things, it blocks Windows Update from automatically downloading updates (unless they're very vital security updates). It's ostensibly meant to be used when you're on something like a data plan, to save money, but you can use it on a regular Wi-Fi network in order to escape automatic updates.

As for knowing when updates are bad, I just read the news section on Softpedia and the Windows 10 leddit board for any threads/articles about bad updates.
>>
>>299571
Bump
>>
>>299571
Bump
>>
>>299571
Bump
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.