[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Music

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: sunset_moonrise-wide.jpg (1MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
sunset_moonrise-wide.jpg
1MB, 2560x1600px
Hey 4chan I make music and I would like to request feedback on my music. Thank you you in advance.
Link: https://soundcloud.com/tundriix/3-am
>>
>>299365
You're not using any feedback in your music.
Maybe hook your computer to a wah wah pedal.
>>
Hearing that kind of music always makes me sad. Not because you've crafted an emotion-packed song or any other reason like that. But because you seem to be skilled at music production but choose to produce bland and uninspired music. I don't know if I would say that it is a lack of creativity which leads to this but if it is then your music production endeavour is a lose cause. If creativity is not to blame then perhaps it is something you can overcome. Your tasteless track might be the result of a lack of exposure to tasteful music. If that is the case then simply listening to other types of music and applying what you hear could set you on the correct course.
>>
>>299382
>lose cause
lost*
>>
File: 4564675879.png (148KB, 394x409px) Image search: [Google]
4564675879.png
148KB, 394x409px
It was bland. I'm not a music expert, nor can I describe music using any sort of technical terms.
I think music can be (not objectively) good if it is complex, or grinds an emotion into you, or has a clear attitude, or paints distinct images in your mind or tells a story with no lyrics.

Your song had none of that. I wasn't even close to picturing the image you posted (if that was the point to it).
I felt indifferent to the high pitched tune that dangled throughout the song and was able to sit completely still the entire time.
It's the kind of thing you'd hum if you were bored in a waiting room. This is the hardest part to master imo.
There's no escapist sensation to it at all.
I didn't imagine myself climbing a skyscraper, destroying the moon, or anything exciting.
At best, what I imagined was being an autistic virgin slav cornering himself at a party enviously watching everyone else having fun, and chewing on the same piece of gum for the past 3 hours.
>>
>>299365
Do you think that the /mu/ board is shit so you decided to post on this board?
>>
>>299365
It sounds like you've got about three songs in there.

Repetition is okay.

Music is about repetition.

You could easily split this into the bleepy one and the wubby one, and they'd probably both be better. You have good ideas, but it sounds like you're trying to cram all of them into one song.

Look at this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L93-7vRfxNs

See how the song has an overall structure: variations on one riff, followed by variations on a second riff, followed by surprising the listener by showing him that the two riffs complement each other, followed by variations on the two together.
>>
>>299365
>#trap
>#dubstep
dont like the genres, skimmed through it, dont like the music either, sry
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.