[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Calculus help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 6

File: gab.png (532KB, 1278x720px) Image search: [Google]
gab.png
532KB, 1278x720px
Requesting help for u-substitution. Send links, resources etc.
>>
>>299250
It's be easier if you just gave me examples that you're having problems on. If you don't want to to that, you can always just check khan academy.
>>
File: Untitled.png (4KB, 370x164px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
4KB, 370x164px
>>299251
here's an example I guess. I tried khan academy already. Was hoping to find some tricky examples
>>
File: Simple U-Substitution.png (90KB, 2464x1968px) Image search: [Google]
Simple U-Substitution.png
90KB, 2464x1968px
>>299254
The goal of a u-sub is to make it easier / possible to integrate. What you want to keep in mind when using this tool is you want to pick a u that you can see it's derivative in the integrand. In this case I knew that the derivative of lnx is 1/x, and I see that 1/x is part of the integrand. Everything after that is normal work.
One point I'd like to make clear is the bounds of integration when using u-substitution. When you substitute u in for x, your bounds will need to change. In most cases you can be lazy like me and leave it as (x = whatever) since I convert back to x's in the end.
>>
>>299254
>>299259
My bad, didn't even see that square root sign, the concept is still the same, but instead I would end up with 1/sqrt(u).
>>
File: Untitled.png (10KB, 743x539px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
10KB, 743x539px
>>299261
I uh, found some harder examples I wouldn't mind help with
>>
File: Simple U-Substitution 2.png (25KB, 1044x492px) Image search: [Google]
Simple U-Substitution 2.png
25KB, 1044x492px
>>299268
Here's the work for #2. One thing to pick up here is that, when picking your u, try to include any any constants you can with it since they end up disappearing.

#1 looks more like integration by parts if you know what that is. I'll do it anyways, but just giving you a heads up.
>>
File: Simple Integration by parts 1.png (20KB, 1044x417px) Image search: [Google]
Simple Integration by parts 1.png
20KB, 1044x417px
>>299274
I also forgot my + C on #2
>>
>>299274
>>299275
thanks anon
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.