[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Depressing anime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 1492388164764.jpg (16KB, 316x323px) Image search: [Google]
1492388164764.jpg
16KB, 316x323px
I am looking for depressing anime shows, where people start out bright and happy and then something happens that makes them depressed and suicidal. I want your most depressing anime, thanks
>>
Texhnolyze is widely regarded as the most depressing anime of all time.

Thing is, it's depressing and visceral the entire way through, no glimpses of happiness beginning or end.
>>
>>298942
Higurashi
>>
Serial Experiments Lain
>>
>>298942
School days
>>
>>298942

There's honestly VERY few anime like this. I can't even think of one that isn't mentioned here

Gonna second Texhnolyze as well, probably the most depressing anime I have seen
>>
how about my life
>>
>>298942
it's a little spoilery, but
Madoka Magica
Gakkou Gurashi
>>
I found neon genesis to be like this. The begining was serious but still light hearted, gets pretty dark after episode 20 and the movie. You see what it was building up to
>>
>>299058
I didn't expect that, any tv shows that do the same thing?
And thanks guys
>>
>>298942
Nisekoi made me want to kill myself at the end. Does that count?
>>
>>298942
test
>>
>>299123
midori > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O8ijfNpidU
watamote
welcome to the nhk
aoi bungaku ningen shikkaku (no longer human)
paranoia agent
>>
>>299124
That's what I'm looking for
>>
>>299139
I don't think it is anon
>>
>>299141
I know I don't want to die, and I know I won't ever kill myself, i just kind of like the feeling in a fucked up kind of way.
>>
>>299146
oh I got that, but nisekoi isn't sad, that anon just didn't like the ending
>>
>>298942
szs
>>
>>299148
Gocha
>>
Try WIXOSS. Kinda feeks like Madoka in a way.
>>
File: 1492244823511.png (300KB, 600x476px) Image search: [Google]
1492244823511.png
300KB, 600x476px
bako bako.
>>
>>298942
91 Days
>>
"now and then, here and there", as for manga, read oyasumi punpun, warning: [spoiler]i felt destroyed after finishing both[/spoiler]
>>
>>299096
Madoka is the anime you offer to people who say they want lighthearted magical girl animes like sailor moon and then laugh as you sip your kahlua the next evening because you know they binge-watched that shit and any second now they'll be nearing the greatest upset of their life, one that sets them off on a depressive episode like no other and reconstructs their paradigm on life.
>>
>>298942
The anime doesn't quite pull it off and ends prematurely but the manga of gakkou garashi slowly gets more and more depressing as you watch people break down
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.