[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So anyways my computer was working fine before I went to bed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: two desktops wtf.jpg (226KB, 772x1156px) Image search: [Google]
two desktops wtf.jpg
226KB, 772x1156px
So anyways my computer was working fine before I went to bed.

Got up this morning, and 90% of my desktop icons are missing, specifically folders/text documents, though some games and programs remain, but not many. Also my background changed by to default, shits ugly, but I'm not using windows 10 and my windows didn't seem to update.

When I booted up firefox its like none of my settings saved, and its like this is the first time I'm using it, and I can't find my bookmarks. Same thing applies to most programs like battle.net and steam.

All my games seem to be installed on steam, and my saved data is gone.

And lastely, everything is running reeeeeeeeeeeeally slow.

How do I reset it to... 20 hours ago? How do I find my firefox bookmarks if I need to reformat and I want to save them?

Also, for some reason, my files and crap on my desktop that disappeared are in a folder called desktop that isnt the same as my actual desktop folder, what the actual fuck?

Picture related, my two desktops? Also, I put this image on my desktop, went to the destkop it should be on, and its not here. I had to put it into my computer, which isnt on my desktop, but it says it is when I browse.
>>
looks like you've got the crypto virus on your machine. run a crypto rootkit scanner removal tool.
>>
>>297739
Try restarting your computer
>>
>>297739
do you get a notification (in the systray near the clock) after login indicating that you are using a "temporary session/profile"? what are the items that run once you login? (windows +r -> msconfig -> startup)
>>
>>297766
nvidia stuff, vprotect application, avg framework, logitech cam, discord, microsoft window operating system, typical stuff.

I didn't get anything, I think I'm using my normal profile and session?
>>
>>297767
>microsoft window operating system
mmm, can we get a screenshot of that list?

i dont wanna get ahead of myself but im inclined to say your are infected by a "video.3gp" malware. if this is the case, disabling that startup entry, hard reseting and removing every file in the %temp% folder might solve part of it (usb drives might still be infected if all you see on them are shortcuts)
>>
File: two desktops wtf.jpg (78KB, 560x277px) Image search: [Google]
two desktops wtf.jpg
78KB, 560x277px
>>297783
Making pictures suck due to having a pain bringing it up.

When I bring up browse on here and go to my desktop, it doesnt show my pictures, just a few programs and my system folders, which arent even on my desktop.
>>
>>297793
thats not all on the list, but ok (i was looking for a entry with a vbs)
i still do believe that you are running a temporary session. go to
>c:\users\jd\appdata\local\temp
and delete all the files in there (some probably require accepting confirmation/admin.privileges, other might be currently in use and even after confirmation you wont get to delete them). check if there is a folder named "video" in there before deleting, if there is open it up and see if there is a "xxx" folder in there too (along with 4 or 5 others)
then reboot the machine and see if the all the files on the desktop appear normally now

all of this might seem way to weird to do, i can only say that this wont delete your system32.
gl
>>
>>297827
Still the same issues.
>>
>>297833
now that is weird. entering
>whoami
on a console reports JD, right? there must be something preventing the session from properly loading, and the only desktop icons you get are the ones assigned to "all users". why you are not getting any notification of this i dont know (unless there is some other explanation for it, that i cant think of)
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.