[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Toshiba Satellite Pro NB10 A 10P not booting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: Image3549.jpg (678KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Image3549.jpg
678KB, 2048x1536px
Hey, folks. I'm having some trouble.

This is an old laptop that my friend got from their old college, and bought off them. They've not used it in some time and forgotten their old login. They asked me to take it back to Windows 7, from 8.

Well, I'm having trouble. I made a Win 7 bootable thumb drive, which works on everything except this little fucker.

It kept booting straight to the HDD and loading windows 8. I did the usual shit, change boot order and manually select the drive to boot from. Still no joy.

So I wiped the HDD totally and tried to make the HDD the bootable device, working from the logic that it'd work pretty much the same way as the thumb drive booting method. You know, Disk Part then putting the boot sector on the drive, along with the Windows 7 files.

Now I keep getting this meme and I'm not sure what to do. Could it be some security thing in the Bios?

Am I being an idiot and missing something totally obvious?
>>
>>296784
>Am I being an idiot and missing something totally obvious?
Yes: the laptop came with Windows 8, so it boots with UEFI, not legacy.

If you want Windows 7, you need to either change it to legacy, or install off a physical DVD* of Windows 7 x64 and turn off secureboot.

* It's supposed to be able to boot UEFI off a stick, but I've never managed to get it to do it.
>>
Ah, sorry, please forgive my ignorance. I've never worked with 8 before, for various reasons.

How do I change it to legacy? This thing doesn't have a disc drive, so I'm kinda boned in that regard.
>>
File: legacy-bios[1].jpg (18KB, 570x287px) Image search: [Google]
legacy-bios[1].jpg
18KB, 570x287px
>>296787
It'll be in the BIOS somewhere. Sorry I can't be more specific.
>>
>>296790

Hey, that's okay man. I appreciate the help. Thanks a bunch!
>>
So I followed the guide to locating boot mode and there isn't one on here. It's supposed to be under advanced and system config. Secure boot is disabled. It's on Toshiba Set-up Utility 1.00 and UEFI and Legacy are nowhere to be found. Bugger.

Something is fucky. What do?
>>
Oh dear. Well, I've found out I'm going to have to update the bios. Which means I'll have to reinstall 8 first.

Oh joy.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.