[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anime suggestion.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: hunter_d.jpg (140KB, 869x556px) Image search: [Google]
hunter_d.jpg
140KB, 869x556px
Hi folks.
I'm 34 and haven't watched good anime in almost a decade. Big fan of stuff like Cowboy Bebop, Porco Rosso and Vampire Hunter D.
Looking for suggestions on more mature anime to watch.
What does /a/, I mean, /wsr/ suggest?
>>
>>295674
legends of galactic heroes
phycho pass
Darker than black
Phantom of the Requim
if you think you can get into more cute stuff
Bunny drop
>>
>>295674
All anime is shit. And I say this as someone watching 35 shows this season, and over 20 every season for about the decade you've been gone.

That said, go watch Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju
>>
Watch more things by Miyazaki and Watanabe if you haven't already.

A few popular options that I like:

Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Ghost in the Shell SAC
Tatami Galaxy
Mononoke
>>
>also posted on /a/
Read the Rules (since you obviously haven't) before you break any more of them:
www.4chan.org/rules#global
>>
Darker than black is awesome.
Ghost in the Shell wasn't as good as I thought it was. Maybe I had my expectations a little high.
Mononoke is already in my HD, but didn't have the time to watch it. Trying to find time to finish Grave of the Fireflies (good stuff).
I appreciate all the suggestions. I'll take note of it all.
>>
>>295679
Obviously you didn't read the thread on /a/ and my reply there thanking the anon who suggested me to post my request here.
>>
File: time for osore.png (551KB, 1022x1094px) Image search: [Google]
time for osore.png
551KB, 1022x1094px
>>295674
The Aquarion trilogy
>>
>>295686
Sounds good, anon.
Repsect and peace.
>>
Watch the original Berserk series from 1997. It only covers the first chapter of the series as a whole but it's one of my favorite animes. It's the kind of dark, mature, intellectual, atmospheric shit I love, with great music as well.
>>
Planetes
Texhnolyze
Samurai Champloo
Dennou Coil
Shinsekai Yori (give it a chance it gets phenomenal)
Baccano
Ping Pong
Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei
Space Dandy (some episodes)
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Yuuna Yuki wa Yuusha de aru
Mawaru Penguindrum (assuming you've already watched Utena)
NHK
Macross Plus
Tekkonkinkreet
>>
>>295674
Probably because they haven't made a good anime in almost a decade. Go watch Memories or Perfect Blue or Omoide Poro Poro.
>>
File: 1450918408500.jpg (3MB, 3380x3622px) Image search: [Google]
1450918408500.jpg
3MB, 3380x3622px
>>295674
Found the comprehensive anime recommendation image in a random folder
>>
>>295674
Gantusuou
Drifters
Hellsing Ultimate
Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
Ping Pong
Mob Psycho 100
>>295681
That's me. Thank you.
>>
Casshern Sins
FLCL

do you guys have anything similar to Vampire Hunter D?
>>
File: Bartender.jpg (45KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
Bartender.jpg
45KB, 420x420px
Bartender

or if you're looking for something different, check out K-On!(or shows like it, but I think it's the best), lots of people love it, lots of people hate it, but you should at least be exposed to it, maybe you'll end up loving it.
>>
Kek, because im 34 and those are some of my favorite anime from way back when. Ninja scroll the movie if you havent seen it. Akira. Ghost in the Shell.
>>
>>295674
watch
>Bride of Deimos
>Angel's Egg
>Vision of Escaflowne
>Redline
>Ninja Scroll
>Ergo Proxy
>Gantz
>Shigurui: Death Frenzy
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.