[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FFXIV and DX11

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: halp.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
halp.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Hey there. I was wondering if someone could help me figure out what the fuck is going on with my DirectX installation.

I recently got FFXIV for computer and I've been trying to run it with dx11, but anytime I do so I get an error message saying I have to update dx. I currently have dx12 installed and up to date, Windows 10 is also fully updated. I downloaded the redist provided in the Microsoft website to no avail. I also checked that both dll files for dx11 are in system32. I modified the registry file for the version number of dx to see if Windows Update or the web updater of dx would pick up and reinstall, but nothing happened. I don't want to be stuck in dx9, what can I do?
>>
>>295180
Do you own a graphics card that supports Dx11?
>>
Yes, an Nvidia GTX 960.
>>
Are you able to run any other game as DX11?

If you can its an isolated issue with the game. Try uninstalling the game and reinstalling it.
>>
Are there any light games that use dx11 that you could recommend? Kind of an annoying question, but I have shitty Internet connection so I can't afford downloading large games or re-downloading ffxiv for now.
>>
you could try running a Dx11 benchmark test.
>>
>>295189
https://www.techpowerup.com/download/unigine-heaven-dx11-benchmark/
>>
>>295190
Thanks, I tried this and the benchmark didn't give me any issues, so I suppose it's off to Square Enix support with me.
>>
>>295191
If you cant find a solution try uninstalling the game then reinstalling it.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.